Skip to content

SoD Android Release

Cage50Cage50 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 18
So the FAQ says it will be released "shortly after" the March 31 release. Can you be more specific? Another month? End of summer? Christmas?

Comments

• EnvygamesEnvygames Member Posts: 57
    i think they said about a month to 6 weeks after PC release...i just hope they fix at least most the Bugs before that.
  • morriscovaldezmorriscovaldez Member Posts: 2
    Keep getting the same run around. Its been 7 weks now with nothing from beamdog. Drop the ball much?
  • JuniperJuniper Member Posts: 7
    From Trent's twitter feed it sounded like they're still working through issues implementing the expansion in the App Store. This is a small studio with a small team I'm sure they're working as fast as they can. The sooner they release the sooner they get sales.

To me, the fact that they haven't released a date yet means they probably run into some significant hurdles.

Now that the game has been patched up quite a bit, hopefully they will have more resources to spend on getting the tablet versions out.
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    I keep checking multiple times a day to see if it's been released for Android.
    Grum
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Juniper said:

Now that the game has been patched up quite a bit, hopefully they will have more resources to spend on getting the tablet versions out.

Exactly. What people don't realize is studios these days are tiny. They probably have like 30 people total, and I'd be surprised if as many as 10 of them are actually game devs. You have to use your resources (read: people) in a way that is prioritized. Beamdog's priority has been patching the 2.x versions.

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Juniper said:

Exactly. What people don't realize is studios these days are tiny. They probably have like 30 people total, and I'd be surprised if as many as 10 of them are actually game devs. You have to use your resources (read: people) in a way that is prioritized. Beamdog's priority has been patching the 2.x versions.

And rewriting a minor NPC...instead of taking care of us android/iPhone users :(
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited May 2016
    I understand the hurdles and the small studio aspect. I just wish I could have an update here and there about it. I don't need a date, but knowing what's left to do or something would be great. As one of the biggest mobile fanboys on these forums for 3 years, I'm eagerly anticipating the release.

Edit: it is important to remember these mobile publishers can take a while. I think it takes something like 1-2 weeks to publish something on ios because it has to go through their review process. There was once a fiasco with a certain ee game opening cinematic needing a well placed puff of smoke added before it would pass ios inspection, setting back it's release...
    Grum
  • ChetChet Member Posts: 64
    I am also eagerly awaiting the android releae of Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. I'm sure it will eventually come out and I would rather have it late and working well than rushed and working poorly.

Is there a place I can hear about the eventual android release that does not have too many spoilers? I'm keen to install as soon as available, but I've also been avoiding the forums recently due to spoilers.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited May 2016
    Chet said:

I am also eagerly awaiting the android releae of Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. I'm sure it will eventually come out and I would rather have it late and working well than rushed and working poorly.

Is there a place I can hear about the eventual android release that does not have too many spoilers? I'm keen to install as soon as available, but I've also been avoiding the forums recently due to spoilers.

https://siegeofdragonspear.com/