Skip to content

quest in merchant estate doesnt end

i have a problem with this quest. i've done it multiple times and never had probs.
Here it goes i've killed all th edubbleganger (so i think, i've checked the building thouroughly more the once) but the owner still says kill them there are more... I've slept in the meantime (thought maybe because of spell) but to no vain. please help i want his sword to go to werewolve island.

Comments

• ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    I've had the same problem and couldn't find any other fix than :
    _reloading to a save before I engaged the doppelgangers
    _go to the birthday party
    _kill them all in the room where aldeth and his friend are.

I'm sorry that I can't offer a more practical solution, but if you can implement this one, it worked perfectly for me.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    That's weird. I just did this quest last night and it worked perfectly. Sounds like a bug.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yeah, sometimes if you don't kill all the dopplegangers in the right order the quest bugs out, this is the order I do it in:

kill the zorl dopple first
    then go upstairs and mop up all the baddies
    then go to the bottom floor and finish taking out the trash

after that, go back to aldeth, and then everything should be fine
    jackjack
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    This quest might be the glitchiest in the whole game. The safest way I've found to deal with it is to hand the documents over to Aldeth and kill all the doppelgangers when they gather on the top floor. Don't let his bodyguard land a finishing blow or it'll glitch out and become unfinishable.
    jackjackdunbar
  • joliekillerjoliekiller Member Posts: 37
    prob the bodyguard killed one :(
    @sarevok57 i did it in that order....
    anyone knows how to fix it in ee or so, because i'm already way beyond the place to use an old save :)
    sarevok57Noon