Skip to content

A few quick questions about starting Dragonspear

Hey all. As I approach the end of BGEE I had a few questions about the transition into Siege of Dragonspear.

1. Will SoD automatically start as soon as I defeat Sarevok, therefore no need to import a save?
2. If not, does BGEE automatically generate a "final save" at the end or do I need to manually create one?
3. I'm rolling with Branwen, Neera, Dorn and Rasaad. Will these same companions carry forward with me or will I get other npcs based on alignment(true neutral)?
4. How does item transition work? Do they all need to be in charname's inventory or can any character have them in order for them to appear in SoD?

Looking forward to starting and checking out all the new areas.

Comments

• CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    edited May 2016
    1) If you're playing BG1EE on the SoD client (it's a separate install), then yes. You will also keep the inventory you had in any bags you were carrying. If you're playing on a BG1EE client, then no, and you'll lose the inventory in your bags.

2) BG1EE does create a final save. No worries there.

3) You will play the first dungeon with the crew you ended the game with - minus Imoen who is the throes of Dual Class woes. After the dungeon, everyone goes their separate ways. Then bad stuff happens and you need to rebuild a coalition of the few allies you can find and convince. Branwen doesn't return, and the EE crew isn't recruitable at the start, but you can find and recruit them later (Rasaad in the second chapter, Neera and Dorn in the third of four).

4) Everything in your inventory carries over. Everything in your party's inventory carries over. The things actually worn by your allies when you decide to leave the first dungeon will be lost for the most part.

4a) Several new items in this game will carry over into BG2EE, which includes some pretty useful gear.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I would heartily recommend completing your BG1 playthrough in the SoD client and simply let the game transition to SoD automatically when Saravok is dead.
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    Sounds good. Thanks for the helpful responses!