Skip to content

What is the most regrettable decision have you ever done in BGII:EE?

Surely some of you might've done something you later on regret and you can't reload because you just overwritten your save. (or you just forgot to save) If anyone's wondering, I have done anything I regret, yet...

Comments

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Using disintegrate on a huge golem in Firkraags dungeon, then it actually disintegrated without lower resistance or anything and I reloaded by accident instead of saving.

Avoiding the dwarf race for many years simply because I didn't fancy them, well I recently changed my mind^^
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    when the game autodrops something important from your inventory and you only notice ages later infront of an elder orb
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited May 2016
    Asking Maple-Willow-Aspen about her parents' fascination with trees. I was truly shocked and dismayed.
    Edit: Oops! That's BGEE.
    In BG2EE? Probably walking (rather unwittingly) into The Twisted Rune in Chapter 2.
    Post edited by jackjack on
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    The one time I let Anomen join my party, ok I'm joking it wasn't all bad. Jan making fun of him, the banter packs letting me threaten to kill him and ruining his chances with the order before dumping him in his cold empty house really made it far less painless than I thought it would be.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Finishing SoA with a full party. Enter ToB, can't let a party member go for Sarevok, can't leave him because I'll have to fight him in Ascension final battle. Ends my adventure every time.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    putting that runthrough of bg1 ee on hold because i was waiting for the patch and sod. not knowing it would screw my entire save up causing me to have to restart the whole game. and it was right at chapter 7 to.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2016
    I've had multiple playthroughs where I didn't kill Neeber. I still am disappointed with myself for not doing so.
  • Idied5minutesagoIdied5minutesago Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2016

Lots and lots of things, mostly involving screwing up romances.

Oh here's another one, every time I ever played BG mutliplayer with my friends. The fights this game can start, pause rights are huge problem. One time I actually threw a friend out of house because he put a helmet on Viconia.

To me that sounds a bit tragic... but hey, at least you have succeeded! :) Also, why would your friend put a helmet on Viconia? *Looks at own Viconia and realizes she has a helmet*
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    i do not get all the Anomen hate. Heck I have a soft spot for him ever since he turned undead and exploded a lich in the underdark then decimated the vampire coven rematch exploding vampires left and right, Aerie was unable to turn as good as he was in the same party. I have a soft spot for Nalia as well after she dealt the final blow to the red dragon whose name I can't spell or be bothered to look up right now. Most of my party was dead, my charname had 4 hp left and I was certain I was going to have to reset then Nalia killed him and earned her spot in my party permanently for that playthrough. Of course a character has to be really really evil for me to hate them. By that I mean on par with Yuna from breath of fire iv or Alhazad from Wild ARMs.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I'm fine with him until he opens his mouth.
  • Idied5minutesagoIdied5minutesago Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2016
    Welp, I just remembered something I regret a long time ago... I didn't play the game for 5 years, I just got into it when my uncle and brother were talking about it, to sum it up,

I wasted 5 years of my life not playing BG.

Oh and I killed Aerie, Dorn, Nalia, I didn't do anything to save Viconia and I sided with Bodhi that pretty much sums it all up.
    And everyone's probably gonna hate me but I may or may not killed Neera, too.

WORTH IT!

AM I A SAVAGE YET? 'CAUSE IF NOT THEN IT'S NOT WORTH IT! :neutral::'(
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Well, I don't know if that counts as "regrets", but my last evil Bhaalspawn did some bad things I'd rather not do again:
    - sacrificing Aerie to summon Ur-Gothoz
    - assassinating Imoen (cuz there can be only one Bhaalspawn)
    - murdering entire Amkethran
    - killing Jaheira
    - letting Viconia die in Trial of Selfishness.

From gameplay point of view: dualing Sarevok to mage. Now I know for sure that it's not worth the effort.
    ...why would you sacrifice anyone to summon him? Just use a summoned spider or something...
    ...why would you sacrifice anyone to summon him? Just use a summoned spider or something...
    Why would you summon a spider, when you can sacrifice a living, sapient being?
    But seriously - cuz I intended to be as bad as possible.
    But why would you sacrifice a viable party member! its a waste of exp!
  • JBWJBW Member Posts: 1
    I played ToB without Ascension after I cleared it before. So boring, so underwhelming. And yet I can't bring myself to fiddle around with my installation to make it work again.

Also, I can't stick to my alignment goals. Everyone turns out "better" than intended. I start with a chaotic neutral guy who is supposed to be crazy in BG:EE. I start with a real crazy psycho who's a murderhobo for exp. It doesn't matter. At some point in BG2:EE they always drift to goodness and I play the hero yet again. It's simply better to play nice.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Restaring a Dark Moon Monk (early EE, probably 2nd play through) with pretty good stats because of having one point of wisdom too MUCH.

I was obsessed with my characters attribute numbers at the time, and felt like 12 and dropping it down to 11 was looking bad. So I wanted to restart the game and give one of the wis-tomes to another party member. I know that wisdom is supposedly important for a monk (though unimplemented), but it wasn't as important as having a round number like '10' in the end.

I really, really don't do this kind of madness anymore. Now I obsess over meticulously planning out each character so that can't happen. :wink: yoking aside, numbers get less and less important with each play through. :smile:
  • drakirdrakir Member Posts: 61
    I don't remember any specific cases as such, but usually epic fails when it comes to dual-classing math, like
    • realizing several hours into a game that your stats are too low to dual class how you intended
    • realizing that you miscalculated what level your second class will be when you reach the XP cap in BG1
    ..and things of that nature. The second one usually makes the final battle with Sarevok disappointing, as charname will be a weakass [insert second dual class] hiding behind his friends for help
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Had started with two dual-class capable berserkers. One to become a mage wielding longswords, the other to become a cleric wielding flails. So far so good. Didn't notice until level 9 that both had high Intelligence and could only dual into mages.
    But why would you sacrifice a viable party member! its a waste of exp!
    Cuz everyone is expendable. Also - Ur-Gothoz would think that I am some kind of cheap-ass beggar 3rd level conjurer, if I sacrified kobold with "Monster Summoning I". It's a matter of reputation, man.
    ;)