Skip to content

How long is SoD?

Question is... how long is it? How many hours it took you to complete it?
I am asking mostly because i am planning to purchase the Collector's Edition. But the asking price is extremely high for "DLC", and it better be some EPIC adventure.

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited May 2016
    It's a true expansion, not a typical DLC. It's length and amount of content is at an expected level for an expansion that promises a new campaign, and it's therefore not overpriced (compare it to Starcraft II expansions, for example). The advertised "25-hour campaign" sounds fair to me. I don't know how long it took me, but i was satisfied with the length.

You could also compare it to The Banner Saga II (released in a format of a sequel, but it's very similar to BG:SoD because it's a continuation of the story, with the same characters, in the same engine and you can either import or start a new game).
    ArtonaGirewanFardragonVbibbi
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited May 2016
    About the same as Throne of Bhaal or Planescape: Torment.

The game is decent value for money but I don't see the point in a physical collectors edition unless you have empty shelves that are desprerately in need of filling.
  • DarkSolDarkSol Member Posts: 11
    well, i've been BG collector for years, so buying collector's edition is not even question for me.

The price per value seems off to me though. I've never seen an add-on as expensive as this one. Hell, i've never even seen collector's edition for an add-on! :)
    Vithar
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited May 2016
    Don't estimate the pricing based on the collector's edition price. Those are charged extra to create an appearance of exclusivity, so the more exclusive it is, the more value it adds to your collection. Price therefore translates to collectibility and.it's illogical and unfair to complain about it. That's not what a true collector does.
    ArtonaFardragon
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited May 2016
    Then I would say it's impossible to answer your question. To me, any collectors edition is a waste of money and (more importantly to me) storage space. To a completionist collector, the collectors edition would be massively valuable, irrespective of the length and quality of the game.
    bob_vengBGLover