Skip to content

Crash Non-stop -- can't even play

GanjamoGanjamo Member Posts: 3
edited May 2016 in Troubleshooting
I used to have this game years ago, and it was great but buggy. I see the enhanced edition and decided to buy a copy for me and a copy for my friend on Steam.

We both installed (both running windows 7) and the game crashes for him consistently since he's installed in both single player and multiplayer modes.

-When he plays single player, save games don't appear and he is never able to reload them and crashes consistently
-If i create a game, he joins it and it immediately disconnects him.
-If he creates a game and I join, he crashes.
-My PC runs this game fine. I've crashed a handful of times, but nothing game-stopping. He cannot even play.

Any ideas what is causing this? He's running Windows 7, 16G of RAM, 1 gig NVIDEA graphics card, MS framework and direct X are up to date.

Corrupt download? Incompatible graphics card? I'm sort of clueless -- I've tried the basics to help him (ie reinstall, windows update, update graphics card and framework, lower the graphics settings, etc.) but we still can't get his PC running this.

Any help or input is appreciated.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    In his graphics options, try the alternate renderer? I have seen some posts where it seemed to help with the Nvidia cards.
  • GanjamoGanjamo Member Posts: 3
    will definitely try -- thanks for the suggestion!