Skip to content

Where do I update?

Trying to update BG1EE at the moment, since the sprite toggle is included in the 2.2 patch. I downloaded the game from the Beamdog store and it only comes with the 2.0 patch.

I seem to remember the game having an Update option on the start screen. I am not getting any. Not for 2.1 either, for that matter.

Do I have to download the patch manually somewhere?

Comments

• KampfKaninchenKampfKaninchen Member Posts: 139
    Nope...there should be an "apply update" button in the beamdog launcher. It's not ingame. You have to start this beamdog.exe
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Yes, I know. But there isn't any "apply update" button there at all. Last "news" in the launcher is from 2014.
    Strange. I'm just updating right now, since you reminded me to do so. Maybe some firewall setting?
    No firewall setting. I updated last month when the 2.0 patch screwed up my game permanently.
    If your game is already screwed, you might try altering the installation directory, maybe then you are able to download the latest version. Sorry, I know that's not really all that helpful.
    If Beamdog could just make patches available for download manually, like most companies do, a ton of problems would be solved.

If your game is already screwed, you might try altering the installation directory, maybe then you are able to download the latest version. Sorry, I know that's not really all that helpful.

Trying that now. I hope it works. The Launcher still has its latest news from 2014, though.
    Didn't work. Changed installation directory. Disabled my firewall completely. Same thing.
    OK...the only explanation I have left for this behaviour, that I could imagine, since you do not own SoD, that there is some gltich in the launcher.
    Complete uninstall and re-downloading everything incl. the launcher itself might do the trick in this case?

OK...the only explanation I have left for this behaviour, that I could imagine, since you do not own SoD, that there is some gltich in the launcher.
    Complete uninstall and re-downloading everything incl. the launcher itself might do the trick in this case?

I did that. Complete uninstall. I even removed all the savegames and all that too. Then installed again. It did work like a charm a month ago, though.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Try the little button in the lower right and Reset Registration and put in your email address again.
    mf2112 said:

Try the little button in the lower right and Reset Registration and put in your email address again.

Too late.
    Really strange then...so which version were you downloading then, because it also seems strange to me, that you would be able to download an older version of the game, since downgrading seems not be an option under normal cirumstances.
    2.0. Which is the one available on the Beamdog store at the moment. I am guessing the 2.3 version hasn't been put up yet as a default.
    But as I said above, I just updated from version 2.0 to version 2.2.66 with the beamdog launcher, while we had this converstion. Really, seems like a glitch with the installer to me?
    Especially because, for reasons whatsoever, you should not be able to access earlier versions of the game.

But as I said above, I just updated from version 2.0 to version 2.2.66 with the beamdog launcher, while we had this converstion. Really, seems like a glitch with the installer to me?
    Especially because, for reasons whatsoever, you should not be able to access earlier versions of the game.

Well in my game library, right here on the Beamdog site, the 2.0 version is the only one available for download. Have you checked the download links in your own library?
    edited May 2016
    No, I launched the SoD.exe and it states, that my version is 2.2.66.

But i also have BG:EE as a seperate installation and for that one, the launcher did not display the upgrade option anymore, after installing the update on the SoD install. In a few minutes I'll know more if the updated is applied to this one as well.

Edit: The update was also applied to the BG:EE install, 2.2.66 it states in the starting screen.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited May 2016
    Rawgrim said:

Well in my game library, right here on the Beamdog site, the 2.0 version is the only one available for download. Have you checked the download links in your own library?
    Have you tried getting a new download of the Beamdog client? https://beamdog.com/files/BeamDogSetup.exe

Also, try right clicking on the game in the Beamdog client and choose Details. I had an Update button there under the Start button until I did the update. One other thing if none of that worked, close the BeamDog client and then start it using right click, run as administrator
    Did that too. Twice. I have given up on it now. Thanks for the help, though. Much appreciated.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Rawgrim said:

Did that too. Twice. I have given up on it now. Thanks for the help, though. Much appreciated.

Can you post a screenshot of the version number you're seeing? It'll be displayed on the very first screen after the Beamdog/Wizards of the Coast logo video, here:

Sorry, no. I installed the classic version and will be playing that instead. I might try the EE version again in a month or so. Hopefully things are working superbly then.
  • KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
    Rawgrim said:

Hopefully things are working superbly then.

Things are working superbly already, you even get a reply in less than a day and still it's not good enough for you. I respectfully disagree with this behaviour.