Skip to content

Identify "SPELL"

When buy the spell from the wizard at High Hedge , it say's it is the spell but in my inventory (after purchase) it is only the scroll. What gives??

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    If you have a mage or bard you can right click to learn it if you don't know it already. Then it would be in your spellbook where you can memorize it for daily use. To use it, right click on the unidentified item and you get a popup that asks if you want to use a (memorized) spell or a scroll (in your backpack).
  • buckbeachbuckbeach Member Posts: 63
    mf2112 said:

If you have a mage or bard you can right click to learn it if you don't know it already. Then it would be in your spellbook where you can memorize it for daily use. To use it, right click on the unidentified item and you get a popup that asks if you want to use a (memorized) spell or a scroll (in your backpack).

Thanks for replying. This is the problem. I have the Enchanter Mage Xan and the Identifier Spell does not give him the option of memorizing the spell. He can use the scroll but none of the 9 spell scrolls that I have will allow him to memorize the spell.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Maybe he already knows it? Is there a green border around the scroll? Have you checked his spell book?
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I’m puzzled. If Xan has the identify spell scroll in his inventory, and you RIGHT click the scroll, it doesn’t give you the option to learn the spell?

The only reason I can think of for this to happen is if he already knows the spell. Perhaps you could double check in his mage book to make sure he doesn’t already know the spell.

If he does know it, then you would need to choose to fill one of his available memorization slots with the spell, then have the party rest so that he can memorize it. At that point it will be available for you to use.

I hope it works for you. :)
    edited May 2016
    If you open Xan's spellbook and check level one is Identify there with the white question mark icon? Do you already have a lot of first level spells memorized? Maybe drink a genius potion then memorize will work.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    mf2112 brings up a good point. You are only allowed to memorize a set number of spells per level. So you can end up with a full spell book if you have learned a lot of them already. However, you can change your mind and delete one of the spells that you don’t often use, then learn a new one instead.
    That was it. I had already memorized too many spells for that level. Looks like the 14 is the maximum. I removed one and I was able to memorize the spell.

Thanks
    buckbeach said:

That was it. I had already memorized too many spells for that level. Looks like the 14 is the maximum. I removed one and I was able to memorize the spell.

Thanks

Or save them and drink a potion of genius to boost your intelligence and the max spell limit. You just have to get to 19 for limit to be "All" so one potion for Xan should do it I think.
    Thanks
    Potion says only lasts for 3 hours.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You keep the spells you have memorized even after it wears off.
    OK
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    If you're playing on core difficulty or higher, it's a good policy to drink a potion of genius before memorizing any spells, anyway. It greatly increases the chances of successfully scribing the spell as well as eliminating the limit of how many spells you can memorize per level.

#themoreyouknow
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    A lot of people use the green border around scrolls as a way to quickly gauge whether it's in their spellbook. To match how people think it works, I'd like to see the green border appear even when you've hit the spell cap. That would get rid of a lot of confusion.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.