Skip to content

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ for iPad

DanBoulosDanBoulos Member Posts: 146
edited June 2012 in Archived News
Overhaul Games is pleased to announce Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ for iPad.

imageSince its initial release in 1998, Baldur’s Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer role-playing games ever since.

The greatest story ever told, better than you imagined

Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition will include the entire Baldur’s Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, and never before seen content including a new adventure and new party member.

Your ultimate destiny, now in your grasp

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition will be available on the Apple App Store in summer 2012. For all information visit www.baldursgate.com.

image  image  image

Post edited by PhillipDaigle on

Comments

• NooneelseNooneelse Member Posts: 23
    I guess game may run on win 8 tablets. maybe...
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    edited June 2012
    Just ipad no android?
    I mean I don't have a tablet but if I ever get one it will be something with Android, or who knows windows 8.
    Agreed looks like those who want portability gonna have to purchase iPad only to play BGEE.
    Perhaps @TrentOster should discuss with Apple some discount options for us bhaalspawns: BGEE + iPad for $299
  • husmusflushusmusflus Member Posts: 7
    Just ipad no android?

I mean I don't have a tablet but if I ever get one it will be something with Android, or who knows windows 8.
    Same here. Problem is they seem to fear piracy on Android. And they don't want adds in the game. I think not making a Android version is a big shame and a missed chance.

• ichaos1985ichaos1985 Member Posts: 34

Agreed looks like those who want portability gonna have to purchase iPad only to play BGEE.
    Perhaps @TrentOster should discuss with Apple some discount options for us bhaalspawns: BGEE + iPad for $299
    Instant buy for me then :D
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    The Win 8 tablets may or may not work. Depends completely on the Open GL support.

-Trent
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    My iPad 3 Retina is ready and willing!
  • ElysElys Member Posts: 100
    Just be sure to get a X86 tablet, and not Windows 8 RT on ARM hardware, else for sure you won't be able to run BGEE.

• sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    edited July 2012
    Just ipad no android?

Same here. Problem is they seem to fear piracy on Android. And they don't want adds in the game. I think not making a Android version is a big shame and a missed chance.

Well, I don't think there is a guarantee there wont be a bgee on android, just not yet. It's up for debate, best I can figure.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Just be sure to get a X86 tablet, and not Windows 8 RT on ARM hardware, else for sure you won't be able to run BGEE.

When RT tablets become available to us we'll look at distribution on Win 8 RT
  • MangustaMangusta Member Posts: 1
    Hello! I have Ipad2 and not Ipad3 (or New Ipad). Do you think BG will work?
  • AsharwoodAsharwood Member Posts: 1
    Do we know when during the summer the game will be released? I'm hope early in the summer as when school starts there won't be much time to play.
  • GriddGridd Member Posts: 8
    Hello! I have Ipad2 and not Ipad3 (or New Ipad). Do you think BG will work?

I'm sure I read that it's intended to work well n all three generations of iPad so you should be good.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Do we know when during the summer the game will be released? I'm hope early in the summer as when school starts there won't be much time to play.
    @Asharwood The only official word is "by the end of the summer," so sometime around the end of September would be the best guess.
  • lordcarsteinlordcarstein Member Posts: 8
    And what about the "ipad mini" we have all heard about ? :p
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    @lordcarstein
    we should probably wait for the iPad mini to become an actual product before worrying about it being supported.
    @risingsun Of course we will ;) and I will not buy it

I was just subtle irony, I prefer Android, since it is not device-exclusive. But many other users already gave the cons of a port on this OS
  • xbillsxxbillsx Member Posts: 1
    I bought the new iPad specifically because I saw that this was coming. I can't wait! I played all of the series and all the spin offs. Wish I knew when to expect the game. I check ign and gamespot everyday to see if any new info has hit
  • willmcclure72willmcclure72 Member Posts: 16
    Does anyone have a date for this?
  • inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    I bought the new iPad specifically because I saw that this was coming. I can't wait! I played all of the series and all the spin offs. Wish I knew when to expect the game. I check ign and gamespot everyday to see if any new info has hit
    I bought 64GB instead of 32GB because of BG.. I thought.... "5 CDs + Expansion, damn, I will run out of space soon..." but I didn't think about the improvements of compression technics :-P, so I've a lot of free space right now ready to be filled by BGEE and BG2EE!!!! :)
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    BG shouldn't take up more than 3 gigs....but who knows!
    I vote for 4Gb+ with tons of new content :)
  • ElysElys Member Posts: 100
    When RT tablets become available to us we'll look at distribution on Win 8 RT
    Oh. :)
    Since Windows 8 RT have no support for OpenGL, I did not expect BGEE on it.
  • GeraceGerace Member Posts: 1
    I really hope this comes out on Android, I'd totally buy it.
  • hazardhazard Member Posts: 2
    Nice, I can finally get some use out of that thing
  • wesdansiewesdansie Member Posts: 2
    i can finally justify buying an iPad now! one does wonder will character/save games be transferable from iPad to PC or vice versa? hmmm...
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @wesdansie

Characters/Save games are supposed to be transferable between PC/Mac/iOS
  • inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    @wesdansie

Characters/Save games are supposed to be transferable between PC/Mac/iOS
    I hope mods too
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited July 2012
    I honestly don't know how mods function to know if they'll work on all platforms. That seems like something that's more up to the person creating the mod.
  • jmkeylonjmkeylon Member Posts: 4
    How is multiplayer supposed to work? Is it cross platform? Or is it going to be available at all for iPad?

Also, will there be access to creating custom quests and environments (nwn style) or only small mods?
This discussion has been closed.