Skip to content

HLA's and high level spells Tweak Pack (and BG EET -mods arrival)

Maick90Maick90 Member Posts: 52
edited April 2016 in BG:EE Mods
Ok, this is kinda silly. I have long played the game with the same character, exporting and importing it between BG:EE and BG2:EE. It actually worked really well. But with SoD and the 2.1, my character loses all the HLA's, some highest level spells, and the 9/10 level spell slots are limited to 2, although the UI shows space for more spells. Is this a problem with Tweak Pack? I have looked at the Gibberlings forums, and there isn't much action, so does anyone know how the BG EET is going? I assume that mod would solve these problems.
EDIT: i am using the Tweaks Anthology -mod.

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Sounds like a engine limitation in bgee. It sounds as if HLAs and that high of spell levels aren't supported or implemented in the first game engine.
  • Maick90Maick90 Member Posts: 52

Sounds like a engine limitation in bgee. It sounds as if HLAs and that high of spell levels aren't supported or implemented in the first game engine.

Yeah, that's probably it. But that kind of cheesing i mentioned was almost completely working in the versions of BG:EE before the SoD came. Of course some spells didn't work, for example the Limited Wish and Wish obviously didn't work, and i can live with that. But the stats and known spells, working or not, stayed the same. All the HLAs in the pre-SoD worked perfectly. I wonder if that kind of stuff will ever be able to work again with the new version of the game? I was thinking, since the Gibberlings-guys are working to create the Encanced Edition Trilogy, i thought it might bring these capabilities back.
  • chaos286chaos286 Member Posts: 21

Yes, I believe it's an engine limitation. You can't complete the level-up process in BGEE once you reach the point that you're supposed to get HLAs. The level-up screen doesn't even have the "Abilities" button that BG2EE has to take you to the HLA screen. Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be modded?

I think there will be a great need for such a mod once players start doing LOB run throughs with "Nightmare Bonus XP" enabled. Even with a full party and no farming, my monk is ready for 20th level early in Chapter 9.

As a temporary work around, I would settle for something that just lets me complete the level up, even if I have to manually edit the character file afterwards to add the HLA.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Ok this problem happens on a clean install of steam "beta 1.3" too. When leveling up a completely new character to higher levels, only a few HLAs are selectable and high level spells are missing. Is the "beta 1.3" also not the latest version of BG:EE before the SoD and 2.0 patches? Because all this cheesing was working perfectly before 2.0.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    You're right! I have apparently in the previous installations added a mod, which adds those spells and HLAs in the game! I'm sorry guys. :p I had no recollection of that.