Skip to content

Help with Item Upgrade Mod

AngryMonkeyAngryMonkey Member Posts: 4
Hi all,

I'm a long-time BG fan that took the opportunity to restart the entire series when SoD came out. I don't have a lot of experience with mods but wanted to try out the Item Upgrade one for kicks.

I downloaded it fine, ran the auto-extraction to the 0073 folder, and tried to install it. I received and error message telling me dialog.tlk wasn't found. I searched the folders, found it in the lang folder and copied dialog.tlk to the main game level. The installation appeared to run correctly after that.

Fast forward a bunch of hours into the game, I now find that Cromwells dialogue relating to the patch comes up as INVALID:########. Even when he does create items the flavor text has the same problem.

I've trawled through the forums looking for an answer, and they all seem to point to language settings being a problem. I am playing in English, and the Weidu installer specifies American English as the language of choice. I have tried changing the game language to Spanish, but have the same issue. I have also tried installing the mod in Spanish, and seeing if that works, but no dice.

Several people have advised finding the weidu.conf file and checking the language settings there, but *I cannot find that file anywhere*. This makes me suspect that there might have been an additional download that I've missed.

I'm not sure if perhaps there is an issue with the dialog.tlk file itself, whether I need to reference a different dialog.tlk file from the one in the same level as the installation files, or if there is something more fundamental going on with the installation that I'm missing.

Has anybody encountered the same problem?

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    That mod hasn't been updated in some time and the copy of WeiDU in it is too old.

Try this:

1) uninstall the mod
    2) delete the copy of dialog.tlk by you created (it isn't required anymore)
    3) download the latest version of WeiDU for your operative system here
    4) unzip the WeiDU archive and delete everything but weidu.exe
    5) rename from weidu.exe to setup-itemupgrade.exe
    6) overwrite the original setup-itemupgrade.exe in 0073 with the renamed weidu file
    7) reinstall

this will take care of the missing text, however there may be other issues due to the fact that the mod hasn't been updated since 2013.
  • AngryMonkeyAngryMonkey Member Posts: 4
    That has worked perfectly thank you!