Skip to content

powerplaying my dual class

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
I wanted to do a dual berserker mage.

I was wondering if the most powerplayish thing is to dual around 13, or to wait even more. I read about people dual classing kensais around 21\22, and I'm wondering if the same could be done for Berserkers.

Beside, by going solo and also doing siege of dragonspear solo, I expect to have a lot of xp. And I will also abuse everywhere (like killing shandalar and drizzt. Suggestions?)

edit: I will also remove the xp cap. So suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I don't think you will have much fun dualing around level 20.
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    20+ is pretty crazy. 13 is powerful, difficult but doable.
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    edited June 2016
    If you really are doing all this (hopefully with SCS and on high difficulty otherwise it won't be any fun) you could hit 13 in SoD if you clean through all the content in ToSC. But then you aren't really playing a mage until BG2. And Durlag's is going to be a pain without a thief.

Just multi, it's a lot more fun solo in my opinion. That way you play the same character throughout.

I really do hope you are playing with difficulty mods otherwise this isn't going to be any fun.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Everything that @Lord-Tansheron said, but on the subject of dual v. multi for a solo run I've found that dualing is more interesting (for me anyway). With a multi solo the game is one long grind (still fun though), whereas when dualing there are two distinct points where the character of the game (unintended pun) changes completely:
    Firstly, when you dual to the second class and you have to completely change your mindset and tactics. Then secondly, when your first class comes back into play and it feels like all your Christmases have come at once.