Skip to content

Black Pits - Hogarl - Help!

I'm doing the Black Pits solo as a Half-Orc Fighter, and am stuck at Hogarl. So far, I've tediously been running circles around him and his gang while hasted, shooting arrows of ice at him. But every once in a while the room shakes somehow, and I randomly become unconscious, which equals dead as they pounce on me. The chat box doesn't indicate what exactly happens when the room shakes (no text before saying I'm unconscious - is this a bug?), so I don't know how to prepare for or avoid it. Anyone have any insight on this, killing Hogarl, and his gang of elementals?

Thanks - S

Comments

• bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    I believe the screen shake is indicating that he has some sort of earthquake ability. I think it's a save vs death to avoid unconsciousness. Items or potions that increase your saves will help.

Potions or rings of fire resistance are also very useful.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    I managed to kill him pretty easily with Polymorph Other. But maybe I was just lucky, because on that run I managed to hold Baeloth with my first spell. Poor guy couldn't even summon beholder...
  • iNtuiNtu Member Posts: 37
    edited June 2016
    I think I had around ~120 fire res, so fire healed me actually, and I just cut him in half with my hasted two-handed sword :p (went for him straight away)