Skip to content

Strange problem

firwoodfirwood Member Posts: 5
I have updated Baldur's Gate enhanced edition to the last version, installed mods with The Big World (program), and everything works fine, except for the name of the unofficial companion: both in tooltip name pressing TAB or moving cursor on the portrait and in character panel i have a phrase as you can see in the image.
How can i edit the name of the companion using Near Infinity?

Thanks

Comments

• hippofanthippofant Member Posts: 35
    To edit the name of a companion, use NearInfinity to open the .gam file in your save folder. Your party will be listed in the top right, by their internal names but with a * for the first character. I'm pretty sure this NPC is Keiria, so it should look like *eiria, or at least it did for me in English.

Choose the right companion, click the View/Edit button, click the Edit tab, scroll to the bottom and double click the CRE resource line to open the underlying CRE file. The third and fourth options are the Name and the Tooltip. Click one or both, then at the bottom, input the correct StringRef #(, and click the Update value button so that the Name/Tooltip are updated in the main viewer. Then close all the windows, and confirm saving when prompted.

* To find the right StringRef, in the main NearInfinity window, Search -> StringRef, and search for the correct name of the character.
  • firwoodfirwood Member Posts: 5
    Thank! It worked perfectly.