Skip to content

Issues with mouse scrolling?

PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
edited June 2016 in Troubleshooting
Game version: 2.2.66.0 Steam, Unmodded

Playing fullscreen is inconvenient since I have other windows I need to periodically check (and fullscreen doesn't release the mouse when I try to move it out of field), but is not otherwise broken.
Playing windowed, I'm no longer sure where to move the mouse pointer to in order to scroll the view. Is this a known bug, or did the windowed mode mouse scrolling change recently? Is this just an issue for me because I use dual monitors?

E: IWDEE 1.4.0 and BG2EE 2.2.66.0 Standalone are also affected.

E2: Middle click dragging works. However, new report:

When playing full-screen and fully zoomed out, I am unable to scroll the screen by using the bottom or right edges of the screen. The top and left edges still scroll correctly.
Post edited by Pokota on

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I don't think I ever got it to work in windowed mode, but you can click/hold and drag the screen with the middle button (or the scroll wheel button) on the mouse.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited June 2016
    Middle-click dragging does work for all three games. Thank you.

Slightly different issue: For BG:EE 2.2.66.0 Steam, I am unable to scroll the map by moving the mouse to the bottom or right edge of the screen in fullscreen mode when the game window is completely zoomed out (the top edge works always, and so far as I can recall the left edge as well). Have not tested this with BG2:EE or IWDEE (though since IWDEE doesn't have the quickzoom function yet it's a non-issue).
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Pokota said:

Middle-click dragging does work for all three games. Thank you.

Slightly different issue: For BG:EE 2.2.66.0 Steam, I am unable to scroll the map by moving the mouse to the bottom or right edge of the screen in fullscreen mode when the game window is completely zoomed out (the top edge works always, and so far as I can recall the left edge as well). Have not tested this with BG2:EE or IWDEE (though since IWDEE doesn't have the quickzoom function yet it's a non-issue).

You are welcome. I am unable to replicate the map issue, when I logged into Steam it autoupdated BG to 2.3.67.2 and I was able to open a save in ulgoth's beard and use the mouse to scroll the game window in all four directions while in full screen mode and zoomed all the way out. do you have scale UI enabled?