Skip to content

How do you put stuff into the quickbar?

How do you get spells and such into the quickbar(that thing that opens up when you click on the red diamond in the left of the bottom bar) to use them later without going through all the memorized spells every time? I tried click-and-drag, click-and-hold, left-click, right click, Shift, Alt, Ctrl, the number keys, and all possible combinations of these to all even remotely related UI elements, and nothing. The empty quick bar, so much clicking-saving yet so unbelievably clunky, so close yet so far, continues to mock me from the bottom of the screen.

Does it have to do with that book-and-arrow icon on the left bar? Do you need to delve into the controls options and configure it from somewhere there? Do you need to sacrifice a kitten on the touchpad to get it to work? Seriously, this is the BioWare's iron in the fire in the "Most unintuitive feature ever" contest. That supposedly time-saving UI element is giving me more hell than any of the puzzles in the actual game.

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited June 2016
    The red diamond is for the quick loot feature. It saves you from having to walk to whatever you're picking up off the ground.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    ^^^ This ^^^

It works perfectly as intended. Its sole function is to allow you to pick up loot without having to visit each and every corpse. Not as quick item bar for you to place skills/spells/items etc.

Sounds like you are used to the NWN2 UI.
  • Sargon1Sargon1 Member Posts: 25
    Oh. Great. Now I'll always feel as if that bar was laughing at me whenever using it...
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    If you right click on one of the buttons with the greyed-out moon and stars, you can choose a spell to associate with that button.