Skip to content

White flag call for help

As much as I hate spoilers, I'm stuck.

Been back to the "Valley of the Tombs" several times to try different things but I keep striking out. Nosed around the various sites for clues but I must not be asking for the right information. Sure that the solution is applicable to other areas so I need some hints.

The question is, how do I find hidden secret doors or passageways. to seen or unseen locations? For example the other crypts in the Ghast Tombs.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited June 2016
    The back end map makes it appear as though the tombs as close together but they aren't. the ghoul tomb and the revenant tomb are the other two, go west from the ghast tomb.
    forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar5000.htm
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    In general, you can find secret doors by either detecting traps or just standing there. Your chance of seeing a hidden door in a given round is determined by race and class, as described on page 42 of the Adventurer's Guide. But like mf2112 says, there aren't any secret doors in the particular area you're asking about.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    For these tombs, I always orient myself in front of the one-way exit from Nashkel mines...

First Tomb

Head SW to start with... and you will reach the first tomb...

Second Tomb

Then south and you will reach a cliff, head east round it... until you meet the chap that ran away from the 2nd tomb. From him, head east and you will reach that tomb...

Third Tomb

Then head east again and you will reach the third tomb...

Other stuff

After this tomb, head North-West back to the exit from Nashkel mines, then head east round the exit and then North to meet an encounter with assassins.

Doing it like that also has the benefit that you 'catch' the stuff to do in this area... and can also use the stuff from the tombs against the last encounter.

• magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    Did you meet the guy that was running away from the undead monsters and save him although it might not be necessary? Did you get the dagger from him? He directs you to the crypt that he stole it from and asks you to return it.

As for the other crypts on the map just do a methodical search it is not that hard to find the other tombs.