Skip to content

Crashing In Candlekeep

the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
edited June 2016 in Troubleshooting
Hi, I didn't notice any bug report for this and I am not sure if I am the only one who has had an issue but...

Ever since I installed SOD I have started a new game with different difficulty levels and characters probably 10 times and every time I start a new game the game will crash once before I leave Candlekeep for the first time. Maybe I spend longer there than most people or I have a problem on my machine.

I have tried with no mods multiple times. I have turned off AA and SLI on my machine thinking that may have been the cause but still the problem persists. Has anyone else had a crash while they were in Candlekeep at the start of the game? It has been stable for nearly 10 years now and the problem started for me when I installed SOD.

Also of note, I have not had any other crashes or stability problems outside of Candlekeep.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Does it appear to happen consistently? If so, what are you doing when it crashes?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Moved to troubleshooting.

What version were you running before you installed SoD?
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    I did a clean install of SOD which has BGEE included. It happens once every time I play the game but not always at the same place. I had it crash a few times as soon as I attacked a rat in the storage room but I have had it happen as I walked past Hull as well at the main gate. I take my time so maybe something in the area triggers it after a certain amount of time. I have had no crashing anywhere else in the game at this point.
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Next time you get a crash please upload your most recent crash file. They should be in my documents/infinity engine - enhanced edition (this location may vary a bit depending upon your setup)
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    A few other things I noticed. Jahiera has her club specialty listed under weapon style instead of proficiency and her fighting style is not listed at all. I have noticed a horizontal line over some animated objects like the stone that turns in highhedge and a smoke stack in bergost. I have AA disabled, I know it used to cause squares to appear in the game world but it's not related to this problem.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

A few other things I noticed. Jahiera has her club specialty listed under weapon style instead of proficiency

It's a bug getting fixed in the next update.

and her fighting style is not listed at all.

If this is a bug, it's not in redmine yet afaik.