Skip to content

Kensai-thief

2»

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited June 2016

What thirf level do you max out if you dual at 9? 13?

Lvl 39 thief requires 6.380.000 xp, while lvl 40 thief requires the full xp cap:8 mil! Only a pure thief can gain all 8 million xp in thievery and reach lvl 40. Thus, a dual class character can never attain lvl 40 at thievery. But if your first class does not have more than 1.620.000 xp, you can get to thief lvl 39.

Incidentally, thieves do not gain amazing bonuses at lvl 40, just one more hp, one more proficiency and one last hla. So that 1.400.000 xp or so is effectively wasted. If you put those xp to fighter levels before dualling, I dare say benefits are better. I plan to play a kenthief one day soon. Kai+backstab in a heavily enchanted full plate (UAI)...should be fun.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Never seen the appeal to go beyond level 7 Fighter. or MAXIMUM lvl9
    1 Base APR
    1 Grand Mastery
    1/2 LvL7
    2 Kudane/Belm offhand.

equals 9/5 APR once you get UAI you can add gloves for the full 5 APR making the lvl 13 APR redundant and you only gain 1 kensai bonus for a crapload of more xp.

also the Kensai/Thief will beat a berserker&Thief only after 3 Million xp. with the difference that the Berserker has his 5 APR at 64k+110k XP instead of 2.1 million.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211

What thirf level do you max out if you dual at 9? 13?

We are talking BG2, so more like 30something.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Pteran said:

Whether or not they're worth it though depends on how quickly the player can hit level 14 Thief and regain their former abilities.

See, that's the thing about this discussion I never understand. People seem to think for some reason that just because it isn't impossible or prohibitively difficult to dual at high level, it's worth doing. That's why I mentioned how useless I consider concepts like "easy" - absolutes are fairly meaningless to talk about here. The only thing that matters is relative values, i.e. rather than asking whether 13 is easY, you have to ask whether 9 isn't easIER, and go from there. There is no doubt that you can regain even at 13 reasonably quickly, but wouldn't you do even better, overall, if you'd already regained and are tearing through things instead? 4 levels extra as a pure thief, at the maximum XP bracket, should be quite noticeably slower than being a full K+T for the same period - while at high level, the amount of gear, buffs, etc. makes the level difference fairly irrelevant. So if you do better at low/mid levels and not significantly worse at high - why are you dualing late?