Skip to content

Mercenary Bands ((BG1))

GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere or if there is a mod that does this but, I would like to request something; an update to the mercenary bands that just sit near the Firewine Ruins and Gullykin waiting for you to randomly appear way far off of the main stretch of the map.
Why not have them actively hunt your band of adventurers instead once the Nashkel mines are beaten? and why not throw another band or so in there as well?
It would be awesome I think to have a fight or two or three you walk into unprepared for every single time.

Of course, this would be optional.

Comments

• wbouvywbouvy Member Posts: 33
    SCS does this, and it's actually a really cool feature.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited June 2012
    The only problem that I see with making the Merc bands actively seek you on the map is that then their original position on the map will be empty. Though, if another encounter was put there I'd have no problem with this.
    Post edited by Tanthalas on
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited June 2012
    @Tanthalus, those areas of the map wouldn't be left empty, just you would get those bands chasing you. wbouvy, does SCS have something in those areas?
    Post edited by GemHound on
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    BG1 in general has a lot of wide open empty maps already. They purposefully added more stuff per inch of map in BG2.
  • nulspacenulspace Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2012
    ( @GemHound - if you throw an "@" sign in front of their name, it'll send them a notification of dialogue ;)
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    SCS makes the mercenay groups spawn near your group (off screen) when several conditions are met (area type/xp of PC/chapter/plot progression/etc...)
  • wbouvywbouvy Member Posts: 33
    I don't think SCS fills the areas the bands were in with a different encounter, no.