Skip to content

BG1 XP cap change after installing SoD?

Just a quick question to ask those who have SoD installed and have hit the BG:EE XP cap of 161k in the original campaign:

Does installing SoD increase the BG:EE main campaign XP cap to 500k like Throne of Baal did to BG2 or does it stay at 161k and only let you go beyond the cap once you start SoD proper?

Comments

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    dr_muds said:

Just a quick question to ask those who have SoD installed and have hit the BG:EE XP cap of 161k in the original campaign:

Does installing SoD increase the BG:EE main campaign XP cap to 500k like Throne of Baal did to BG2 or does it stay at 161k and only let you go beyond the cap once you start SoD proper?

It does NOT increase to 500k.
    JuliusBorisovdr_muds
  • dr_mudsdr_muds Member Posts: 75
    Thanks @rapsam2003 is it possible to hit the 500k XP cap in SoD alone using a 6 man party?
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    dr_muds said:

Thanks @rapsam2003 is it possible to hit the 500k XP cap in SoD alone using a 6 man party?

I don't know. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    dr_muds said:

I'd be a bit surprised because there are almost no sidequests so I'd think they set the XP cap in mind with this being an add-on to BG1EE and any gain would be on top of the XP from that game.
  • TheMetaphysicianTheMetaphysician Member Posts: 76
    Yes, I entered SoD with a full six-man party (at the 161,000 cap from BG1) and I've already hit the 500,000 xp cap with all six characters before finishing the game.
    mf2112dr_muds