Skip to content

DD breath attack doesn't work in anti magic zones...?

I just tried to use my breath attack in an anti magic zone and it failed....is that supposed to happen?

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Dragon breath is a supernatural ability in 3e afair so wouldn't work in an anti magic zone.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong as it's been a while ...)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Wowo said:

Dragon breath is a supernatural ability in 3e afair so wouldn't work in an anti magic zone.

Well, this is 2E...but yes.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    In 2nd edition AD&D, breath weapons are specifically mentioned as not working in antimagic areas along with gaze/voice attacks and other supernatural abilities (which were then called "special attack forms").
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Ah ok thanks for the clarifying that for me. :)
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

Wowo said:

Shadowdancer, Blackguard and Dragon disciple are 3 prestige class from 3E that Beamdog adapted and ported to 2E. Since their abilities did not exist in 2E it feels logical to take a look at their 3E behaviour
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Arunsun said:

Wowo said:

Shadowdancer, Blackguard and Dragon disciple are 3 prestige class from 3E that Beamdog adapted and ported to 2E. Since their abilities did not exist in 2E it feels logical to take a look at their 3E behaviour
    You need to actually consider this:
    jsaving said:

In 2nd edition AD&D, breath weapons are specifically mentioned as not working in antimagic areas along with gaze/voice attacks and other supernatural abilities (which were then called "special attack forms").