Skip to content

Just a quick question about Imoen's avatar.

Is there a way to change her back to the way she looked in the original SoA instead of the hooded thief look she is sporting now? I much prefer how she originally looked.

Comments

• stormy35stormy35 Member Posts: 39
    edited January 2014
    Absolutely second that. I could never get used that new hooded look of Imoen
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i actually like the hooded look. she was a thief in BG1, and I usually keep her as a thief. however, opinions are subjective. you can use EEKEEPER to change models, like I made my fighter/thief the thief model instead of fighter model. i guess imoen would just be the human mage female model? don't know if she had anything special or not, nor do I remember the colors to use.
    I think her hair was blond or pink? The hair color matched her portrait and kind of brought out a lot of her personality in the game.
  • MarsprojectMarsproject Member Posts: 5
    stormy35 said:

I think her hair was blond or pink? The hair color matched her portrait and kind of brought out a lot of her personality in the game.

Yes her hair was pink, and I liked her look since it was one of the more unique avatar looks in the game, had some personality to it.

• NikPrussNikPruss Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2014
    With EEKeeper you can mod it back yourself. Her Default in SoA was Mage Female Human, and her hair was 0x59, or possible 0x58 (not sure if values are all the same).

If you don't want to use EEKeeper, I believe G3's BG2 Tweak Pack has an option that affects Imoen's Avatar, along with Nalia's (haven't used it in ages).
    edited January 2014
    The tweak pack including the original Imoen Avatar is listed as compatible under BGII:EE mods.
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/

• kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    I just changed her bg2 portrait to her bg1 portrait to match things better.
  • dr_mudsdr_muds Member Posts: 75
    I dusted off my old BG2 on PC from its initial release to refresh myself of the avatars there, and they are all different, not just Imoen's to the current EE paper dolls.

I don't mind Imoen's paper doll at all, but I do miss having proper mage robes on her. The thing is her paper doll in the original BG2 was a custom one - she could wear mage robes etc, but put on a studded leather and she resorted to her hooded look. Plus the black and yellow nicely signified a change in her personality and harsh world experience.

Some people are saying that the mage dress look suits Nalia better, and the hooded thief look suits Imogen better; the only thing is both had the same/similar avatar in BG2 fine, and I don't see why not there can be a thief/mage avatar made, like in the original, which can wear a hood with studded leather and interchange with mage robes.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Wow, why did they change this? So many things were changed, many for seemingly no reason. It's strange.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited June 2016
    In original bg2, Imoen used thief avatar. She still has thief avatar in ee. However, in bg2, unarmored thieves looked like unarmored fighters-no hood. Only when they donned leather, the hood came out.

BG2 uses 1PP additions, who use classic bg1 look, unarmored thieves always have the hood. Bards also use the hooded thief animation in bg1, cleric animation in classic bg2, (because they can wear chain and classic bg2 has no chainmail for thief animations) and again thief in ee. (ee has proper chain mail animations for thieves, however don platemail -via UAI- and you revert to fighter animation.)

In original bg2 paperdolls she looks like this:

With leather here comes the hood:

This is my own customisation of my ee game, by copying original bg2 paperdoll files to override folder. I like this look. The bg2 paperdolls look like smiling goofily while burdened with many details/small packs/straps etc. Sadly, no more possible with 2.0+ versions of the ee.
    However I can only edit the paperdoll, the game avatar still looks like hooded thief.
    You can set Imoen's appearance to human female cleric, this will give you the classic bg2 lookalike avatar for purposes. She will have no hood while unarmored. If you put a leather on her she still won't have the hood, however. You can also use the fighter but it looks burly in the paperdoll.
    1.jpg 101.9K
    3.jpg 107.4K
    Post edited by lunar on
  • catsarekacampcatsarekacamp Member Posts: 52
    I like the change. The original picture looks exactly like Christian Slater. It bothers me to no end.
  • dr_mudsdr_muds Member Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    @lunar thanks for that very interesting...

Do you remember if the old bg2 thief avatar showed Mage robes properly and not just a colour change? All this time I thought it was a multi class paper doll incorporating both thief & Mage nuances so automatically assumed you could see robes on Imoen. As I mainly tended to armour her up & take it off for spells and give aerie the Mage robes.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited June 2016
    I change my BG2 Imoen to cleric avatar, it's quite close to her old looks.

Post edited by DJKajuru on
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited June 2016
    There is no multi-class paperdoll or animation, sadly. Rule of thumb is, the bigger hit dice has more priority in avatar and paperdolls, thus a fighter/mage looks like a fighter, a cleric/mage a cleric, etc. Npcs are unique, Aerie has mage look despite being a c/m, Nalia has the mage animation despite being a t/m like Imoen. Haerdalis uses cleric animation, but it may be a left over from bg2 classic, where all bards used cleric animation (because there was no proper chainmail animation for thief sprites)

It helps differantiate the characters, especially Nalia vs Imoen:Nalia is more elegant and lady like with flowing robes, Imoen is more mischevious and thief like despite eventually being an arch-mage.

I also highly recommend Rupert the Dye Merchant mod. It is a fun little mod, Rupert is a hillarious merchant who sells dyes to change the color combinations of nearly anything you dress, and complete outfits to change your avatar to whatever you like. These are potions or usable items that anybody can use, and they permanently change your color/sprite. No need to hit the eekeeper or the like, you can do all the appearance customisation in-game.

Failing that, there was bg2 tweaks component that auto-changed avatar for multis, if you put on robes you became mage avatar, if you put on heavy armor you turned fighter avatar, etc. It may be buggy with the ee, though, I haven't tried.