Skip to content

Items question

In my first game with the BG EE I aquired Baeloths Robe and Staff and those are marked as stolen so normal merchants won´t buy them. Is there any place before entering the city of Baldur´s Gate to fence them off to someone? Or for a lawful party is there a way to find out who is their righful owner and return them to him?

In the Nashkel mine I collected the "Vials of mysterious liquid" and several "contaminated iron". From a game years ago with the original game and Unfinished Business mod I remember that there was modded content to find out more about those - but in the BG EE I can´t find anything to do with those. Can I simply throw them away after defeating Mulahey?

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I can't think of anyone except Silence who will buy stolen stuff. Or any way to return those items.

Without unfinished business the vials are useless.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Even without mods, Berrun at Nashkel takes one such vial when you report back to him.

• ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110

Even without mods, Berrun at Nashkel takes one such vial when you report back to him.

Really? I did report back to the mayor of Nashkel and got the reward for bringing back evidence but he did not take any vial. Could that be because I had them in the potion bag and I should have them in the open inventory to be removed?
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    He also takes one of the letters you find. It doesn't change the reward though. The pieces of contaminated iron are useless and only exist to give you something to discover, I think.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Don't you need a vial to turn in the quest, though? I seem to recall that you need one, but he doesn't take it.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Jarrakul said:

Don't you need a vial to turn in the quest, though? I seem to recall that you need one, but he doesn't take it.

No, they're just there for the story.