Skip to content

How did you beat Demogorgon?

Recently I beat Demogorgon for the first time (180 hours played) It wasn't too difficult because I was playing on core rules like I usually do, and I had a fairly powerful party in my opinion. I filmed it aswell.

So, did u guyz use any cheese methods on your battle against the big boy?
lunarAerakarsarevok57

Comments

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Couple breaches, lowerings of resistance, then fighters with greater whirlwinds. The usual. ;)
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    The first time I beat him I was playing a solo Barbarian, and I used the Answerer to lower his Magic Resistance, then Foebane, and he couldn't take me down.
    semiticgoddessmf2112Aerakar
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    The cheesiest tactic is a huge mound o' spike traps. It's possible to drop him without him even having a chance to touch you.

I generally send in a Planetar and some other high level summons to draw aggro first, Breach, and smack him with improved whirlwind attacks.
    semiticgoddessAerakar
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited June 2016
    I fought the Ascension buffed up Demogorgon that casts time stop and dragon breaths. Was fun. Hardiness+anti poison/disease and anti-level drain buffs and improved haste and/or gww on fighters. Casters with project images and simulacrums stood back and spammed lower resistance, pierce magic (for theother demons), pierce shield, khelben's whip (for the Demogorgon only), remove magic, summoned mordy swords and planetars and the occasional triple wilting contingency to thin the crowd of demons somewhat. Improved Alacrity and spell casting speed enhancers were used, no time stop.

Had to kite Sarevok and heal him a bit, but with Roronach's Horn+defender of easthaven+hardiness and tons of hp he was very tough to begin with. I think Demogorgon (being a crusher) could not do any meaningful damage to him, but the surrounding demons (slashers) did a bit which added up. (he also had ring of anti-venom as well as an amulet from tactics-the ritual quest that gives immunity to level drain) All in all I managed the battle with no deaths, but we were high leveled, had awesome gear, and were prepared.
    Aerakar
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Demogorgon isn't too bad. He's got a truck-load of hit points, but by ToB that shouldn't be too much of a problem. He only does two particularly nasty things: he casts Implosion, which is countered by having Free Action (doesn't prevent the damage, but prevents the paralysis, which is what gets you), and he summons glabrezu really fast, which he doesn't do until you kill both of his mariliths, so I just... don't kill one of them. Makes the fight pretty easy.
    semiticgoddessDjinnAerakarFinnTheHuman
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Arunsun said:

The first time I beat him I was playing a solo Barbarian, and I used the Answerer to lower his Magic Resistance, then Foebane, and he couldn't take me down.

Why lower his magic resistance if you were playing a solo barbarian?
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    DJKajuru said:

Arunsun said:

Why lower his magic resistance if you were playing a solo barbarian?
    So that foebane magic damage doesnt gets resisted.

Gallowglass
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    I read the scroll. Only faced him once and was I'll-prepared.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    you earned an insightful there.
    RelSundan
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    lroumen said:

He did? Now thats an insightful post you made right there! I didn't know! ;o
    Arunsun
  • Clumsy_DwarfClumsy_Dwarf Member Posts: 112
    edited June 2016
    By trapping him there with those worthless followers of Helm.
    Aerakarwubble
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    RelSundan said:

lroumen said:

He did? Now thats an insightful post you made right there! I didn't know! ;o
    Insightfulception, that is.
    RelSundan
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Referring to my own annotation of course, and I don't hand them out like flyers.
    Arunsunmf2112
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    I only actually ever tried the Tougher Demogorgon version from Ascension and the Improved Demogorgon from SCSII. Multiple times. I gave up on both of them every time. :disappointed:

:smiley:

On my next run through TOB (by my schedule that won't be until sometime in 2017 :lol:), I'll just skip the tougher Demogorgon component, I think. Hehe.
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    edited June 2016
    Not liking to get my hands dirty with icky demon blood and guts we used summons - from wands, from spells (oh by the way don't gate something in but I dare you to try it) and from items, all from the safety of the balcony. While raining missile weapons down on him we also tossed out the occasional spell that would lower his defenses or screw with him in someway.
    FinnTheHuman
  • MoonheartMoonheart Member Posts: 520
    edited June 2016
    How did I beat Demogorgon the last time...?

Well, since it was with my Children of Fire...

... just like this :blush:
    PteranDJKajuru
  • ReliantReliant Member Posts: 30
    Here's how I beat the Demogorgon. I summon fodder, usually 5 earth elementals and a wizard eye. I then haste everyone, fodder included. I send the fodder down one set of stairs and my party down the other. I keep everyone just out of sight and then send the wizard eye in to find Demogorgon. Then, I send in the fodder. Now that he and his minions are occupied, my party springs into action. My fighters, protagonist (usually an Inquisitor, Minsc, and Jaheira equipped with Carsomyr , The Ravager, and Ixil, hit with greater whirlwind attacks. My mages (Imoen, Nalia, and Aerie) launch spell triggers with lower resistances and greater malisons. Then, it's Triple Horrid Wilting time! The Horrid Wiltings finish him off, If he's still alive! Now, it's just a matter of taking out the trash, i.e. the Maraliths.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    as a fighter I found the trademeet green small shield to be extremely useful vs him, thanks to its immunities