Skip to content

Who buys Ankheg shells in BG2?

moominatamoominata Member Posts: 12
Who buys Ankheg shells in BG2? I know Cromwell in the docks district will make me Ankheg armor for 5000. But I don't think it's worth it. I just want to sell the big heavy behemoths that take up so much weight and space in my pack. Cromwell doesn't buy stuff, he only makes stuff from stuff. Nobody else seems to be buying either, the option is greyed out everywhere.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I can't recall anyone specific that buys the shells, but ...maybe the smith in Trademeet?
  • moominatamoominata Member Posts: 12
    Just tried him and he's not buying, great suggestion though, thanks.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    edited June 2016
    I think Cromwell will make a suit of armor from one, but I don’t know if he would buy them.

I should have read your post after my second cup of coffee. You already knew this. :blush:
    Post edited by Ravenslight on
  • moominatamoominata Member Posts: 12
    Cromwell won't buy Ankheg shells. He doesn't buy anything.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    what about the fence guy in the temple sewers? he generally buys anything.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    I don't think anyone buys them in BG2, if you don't want to make the armor just don't bother picking them up, I've taken them all over and haven't found an NPC that buys them, but I would be happy to be proven wrong.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    In all honesty, don't bother.
    You'll be bathing in coin Scrooge McDuck style in no time and the shells are way too heavy to just carry around. So unless you actually want them to be made into armor, just drop 'em.