Skip to content

Inventory Sounds

VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
Could you please implement all the sounds that classic Baldur's Gate had in inventory? I've noticed you tried to bring some of this sounds in the last patches, but a lot are still missing. When I click on an item with the right button to check for details, no sound is heard in 2.3 V. But when I do the same thing in 1.3, I hear clearly that "zooming" sound. For what reason would you take that out?
Ravenslight

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Vitor said:

For what reason would you take that out?

When we were starting to open up the ui to use a less "hard code"-ish approach we didn't have a good way to play sounds, so we kind of went on with things and said "We'll come back to this in a bit". When we did get a good sound on click thing going and went back to look for those sounds we saw that things were really inconsistent as to how those old buttons chose what sound to play and we ended up missing a fair few.

If someone wanted to speed along the restoration of those sounds it would be really handy to have a list of places where sound is missing or incorrect. Especially if that list also included the actual sound file names for the desired sounds.

Without that list it will probably stay as something we will get to when other fires get put out.
    PeccaMr2150
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    This just in: we have a list and we'll be going through it pretty soon.

Once we're through it and that particular patch goes live (whenever that will be) please don't hesitate to tell me if there are still missing ones.
    RavenslightVitor[Deleted User]