Skip to content

SCS Installation problems (Again)

RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
Since I can't get any answer from those I've PM:ed, and I can't find a solution, I'll let you smartasses and modders help me. I have used the HOTFIX (For BGE22) Is there a special one for Bg1 because I can't find it.

EDIT: Debug code:

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000")
[stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/UNSETSTR.1000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 2133 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
Uninstalled 2133 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000")
Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT")
ERROR: Not_found
Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[stratagems/tra/english/english.tra] has 949 translation strings

Comments

• redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Unfortunately, the debug snippet you linked doesn't tell us what's actually going wrong. Check the section of the file immediately above what you listed, as (at least in my case) that's where I was able to see the file or component it was choking on.

For example:

Reading in data: spellcodes Copying and patching 1 file ... [./override/spell.ids] loaded, 26095 bytes ERROR: cannot convert level or %level% to an integer ERROR: [spell.ids] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found) Stopping installation because of error. Stopping installation because of error. Stopping installation because of error. Stopping installation because of error. Stopping installation because of error. Stopping installation because of error. Stopping installation because of error. Stopping installation because of error. Stopping installation because of error.

That's what I saw, and the solution was to install the hotfix provided by @subtledoctor, which can be found at https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/732385/#Comment_732385. If you're seeing something different, please post the additional contents of your debug file and maybe that will help us figure out the issue.