Skip to content

PLEASE ADD MORE SUBCATEGORIES!

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
edited September 2012 in Site Resources
The amount of spam on this forum is annoying to say the least, but more so because half of it isn't even as funny as it used to be. Atleast in the good old days of this place (a couple months ago) spam was the height of quality and entertainment for the whole family. Bring your friends!

But I've had my fair share of hilarious spam, I endeavour to make only serious and applicable topics now and I shall refrain from ever making an irrelevant one again for the simple reason that it's just not funny anymore.

As one who appreciates orderly forums and good humour, please add a place for POLLS, a place for OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION and a place for SPAM.
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    Off Topic would be good.

One downside of having just a General forum is that some good threads quickly disappear that might otherwise enjoy a longer life if there were more categories.

When the game is released there will be a torrent of new threads. Create a thread and it will be off p. 1 in an hour (if not minutes), never to be seen again.
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    edited September 2012
    Is there a way to look at the "Recent Discussions" feed so that some subforums could be excluded? If yes, please somebody fill me in. If no... man that would be useful.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I'm all for an Off-Topic subforum.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Spam is a qualitive judgement that would be hard to define properly and no-one would willingly post his own topic as 'spam', but separating all the nonsense-topics in an 'off-topic' part is definitely something that should be done.

BTW, this request doesn't belong in 'General' either, it's a Community Support request, that's were all the remarks and requests about the forum are gathered.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Probably best to put this in Community Support. @Tanthalas ?

My votes:
    Change 'General' to 'Game discussion'
    Add 'Game Help - No spoilers here please' for new players who haven't played before
    Add 'Off Topic' for nonsense.

Right now, General is massively cluttered and polluted.

Polls have a variety of subjects and thus don't need their own forum. There could be a poll on your favorite NPC (game discussion) or your favorite band (off topic) or what side to pick in BG2 (Game help).
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012

BTW, this request doesn't belong in 'General' either, it's a Community Support request, that's were all the remarks and requests about the forum are gathered.

True, but then only a small percentage of forum members would probably ever see it.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Just an off-topic forum would suffice.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    It was meant to go in community seaport, it was a mistake. I realized I made a poll and not a thread so I had to do it again and forgot to set it.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited September 2012
    And a sub-section just for my stuff that nobody reads.
    Also the option to delete your own discussions.
    Post edited by Zafiro on
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Zafiro This.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Zafiro said:

Also the option to delete your own discussions.

Or close them.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    I totally agree, maybe @Coriander or @CameronTofer can help us out..
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 100
    I would like a "Feature Requests for Modders" subforum. The current "Feature Requests" is crowded by topics, that are requested by players. So, partially really dumb things...
    Serious requests by modders for let's say new triggers, actions, effects and so on sink into obscurity then, because most users don't know about that kind of stuff.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Thats great, thanks Coriander!
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Thanks!
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Iwe posted a few Plugins to the forum, seems to help a bit perhaps.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/65319/#Comment_65319
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    edited September 2012
    I would suggest to add sub-category for "Multiplayer Sessions" in order people to be able to schedule, recruit, and plan their MP games.
    Or this would be entirely handled within BGEE MP menu? Matchmaking, sorting, chatting and other features?
    @Coriander @ScottBrooks