Skip to content

Question about Battle Dialogue

superluccixsuperluccix Member Posts: 76
So I had to system wipe my computer awhile ago, and sadly that meant starting over from scratch. So I tried making the same character I had before, a Blackguard, and started a new game.

However I noticed his battle dialogue is slightly different from what I was used to hearing. Like I sometimes hear him say "Scream for mercy" during battle, which I'm pretty sure I never heard before on my previous blackguard character.

Does some option you make during character creation affect this? My characters alignment as of now is Chaotic Evil, but I don't remember if I had a different Evil alignment previously, not sure if that had something to do with it

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    edited June 2016
    Go to the Record screen > Customize > Sounds, and select MALE2. That's the soundset that includes "Scream, scream for mercy."

Edit: That's for BG2EE. I don't know which, if any, of the BGEE soundsets include that line.
  • superluccixsuperluccix Member Posts: 76
    Oh I understand that. I definitely chose that voice because it was the same voice I had before on my previous character.

However I'm pretty sure he never said that quote before on my previous character. So I was wondering if, even if you picked the same voice, that there was some other option I chose which influenced the types of battle dialogue that my current character is saying.

Like if I chose Lawful Evil, or Neutral Evil, or some other option, would there have been different battle dialogue?

Only reason i ask is because I was hoping to change the battle dialogue to whatever he would say with my previous character, since I think it was a tad bit different. (Might not be remembering correctly though)
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Oh wow, I didn't read your original post well at all. Sorry about that. I don't think command or selection sounds are affected by alignment or anything, but I'm not 100% certain.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Command and selection sounds aren't affected by any outside factors. Sound lists are pretty large though and some will trigger more often than others.