Skip to content

Lich in Temple Ruins (AR1401) !?

TomHTomH Member Posts: 5
Does anyone see this Lich in Temple Ruins? (AR1401)
I installed following mods: Isra, deArnise Romance, BG2 Tweaks
The BG2EE version is V2.3.67.3

I just restart a new game to use latest BG2EE and add Isra and Nalia mods. When I played without the Isra and Nalia mods before, I didn't see this Lich in Temple Ruins. (Not sure if BG2EE V2.3 add this Lich or not.)

Lich.jpg 998.1K

Comments

• TomHTomH Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2016
    Another Lich in Temple Ruins! (After talked to Amuana)

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited July 2016
    They were both there in my last time through that area on hard difficulty. BG2EE with no mods. It was 2.2 I think at that time.
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171

These liches are part of level-dependent spawns. They'll be there if you are over a certain XP value (or if you've modded maximum difficulty dungeon spawns, it's an option in SCS). Might be that it'll also vary with difficulty now that difficulty actually influences spawns.

Yup. You can either turn on max difficulty spawns in SCS or use Insane difficulty and you'll get 'em. Happens all the time when soloing. There are many, many more of them. I like it. I was disappointed when I found my current playthrough didn't have them.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    what happens in bg2 is depending on the experience of your team ( or maybe its your main guy?) it will determine what you battle, the thresholds are: >1 000 000, 1 000 000 - 2 000 000, <2 000 000, so the reason why you are seeing liches is because your team has over 2 000 000 XP, and that does seem to be the case especially given the fact that aerie has 60 HP, so unless you are using the girdle of fortitude, its takes a shwack load of XP to get aerie to 60 HP
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can get liches at the zombie town in Unseeing eye's lair too, if your xp is high. Or if you use a spawn-difficulty enhancer mod (always the hardest spawns, no exception to liches)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    lunar said:

spawn-difficulty enhancer mod (always the hardest spawns, no exception to liches)

Actually, SCS does offer literally that exception, if you want it ;) Of course, real players would never willingly select such an admission of weakness.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Oh yes I installed always the most difficult spawns, except liches. It is no fun to fight scs liches while low level. Scs liches are quite brutal, spamming planetars and comets and the like. I like it when I prepare meticulously and go challenge them in their crypts for the Gaxx at epic levels. I don't want a random encounter to be a total epic shodown with evil.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    lunar said:

I don't want a random encounter to be a total epic shodown with evil.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good players to choose the easier option.