Skip to content

Your favorite castlevania?

LordinLordin Member Posts: 30
As the title reads my question is what is your favorite castlevania game. For me personally its tied between super castlevania IV and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood.
jackjack

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I think the only one I've played is Castlevania III...so I'll go with that :)
    Lordinjackjack
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Super Castlevania IV and Symphony of the Night are the only contenders in my book. The NES trilogy suffers from being of that variety of 8-bit games that's difficulty wasn't just high, but artificially high due to cheapness and having to have nearly perfect button reflexes and memorization. None of the 3D games qualify (the true Castlevania 3D experience is found in the Souls series). I guess I can't speak for any of the DS versions, which I hear are all a very good time. But for me, it comes down to the two mentioned above, and if push came to shove I'd certainly go with Super Castlevania IV. It has the best controls and adds to the fantastic legacy of perhaps the best console system ever released (SNES).
    Lordin
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    First impression is everything since Symphony of the Night in playstation1 was the first experience of whole series (and the last).
    jackjack
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Symphony of the Night, but I have a soft spot for Simon's Quest, (#2—as @Teflon said, first impressions…)
    Teflon