Skip to content

How to reset all weidu Mods?

DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
How do I reset the game to its default state in a way, that weidu recognizes that no mod is installed at all. I want to update some mods and install some new ones and would rather start fresh for that.

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Re-run the .exe of the mods you have installed and simply uninstall them (in order from newest to oldest).
    Altnernatively, see here: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=17555.0
    Be aware that the instructions on that page are for vanilla BG, so I don't know if they work for BG:EE.
    Darkcloud
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Thank you, with the normal BG versions I just wiped the complete installation folder after uninstalling but that seemed to be a bad option in the case of the EE.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Darkcloud Yes, what @agris said is a really good method. Since the installer can give you clean versions of everything... use it:)
  • HarielHariel Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2013
    @agris what if my beamdog client does not download new files and throw me an error message instead?

Sorry for trouble - problem solved by deleting 00766.(...) files :)
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    I'd like to have a method to revert to a fresh installation after I install some mods. Is the method discussed here still valid (it's been more than three years)? Does it work for any mod or only for some of them (or only for mods installed with that Weidu thing, whatever that might be)?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    If it's a mod or two you want to uninstall, usually it's fine to just run the uninstall. Anything more or if there has been biffing going on and you are better off with just reinstalling.

Delete the folder, close then open and run the beamdog client and it will let you re-download everything.
    Alonso
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mf2112CahirSwifty_Magee