Skip to content

Powerplay to the fullest

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
1) I'm wondering. If I wanted to powerplay to the fullest a dual class, with no xp cap, when would I dual class my kensai? Be realistic - is kensai 24\mage-druid xx the best 'achievable' dual class?

So many people suggest kensai 13, but with the amount of quest mods I doubt kensai 24 would be irrealistic, especially when soloing. So... tell me :)

2) If I dual my kensai to druid, will I be able to wear armors?

Comments

• justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    I can answer 2) no you won't be and neither will you be as a mage, I believe. The class restriction for bracers and armor slot items stay in place unless you go for a thief as second class (UAI). You get, however, in both cases effective ways of decreasing your AC, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Personally I advice you to keep in mind that this will be one big grind and NOT possible unless you remove XP cap (8000000 per character, no matter how it's divided by dual- or multi-classing) or go for IWD, where 29/30 is possible for all Dual-classes. You will probably WANT to grind, since your so gimped until you get your levels back.

Highest Mage dual possible: 21/22
    Druid: 21/24 (you could probably squeeze in one or two levels on the warrior side for equal druid levels, but I feel like this would be preferable over all with 30 % elemental resistances and some slots coming in and not much from Kensai)

Source: Experience Tables from the official manual.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Can you explain me why a kensai\mage can wear robes, while a kensai\druid can't wear armors? Shouldn't the druidic part give the possibility?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Because kensais cannot wear armor but they can wear robes.
    jtth
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Understood. ARen't you supposed to take the positive parts of both classes, when dual-classing, though?

I thought such a limit with armor would be for multiclasses, not dual classes ..
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Arthas said:

Understood. ARen't you supposed to take the positive parts of both classes, when dual-classing, though?

I thought such a limit with armor would be for multiclasses, not dual classes ..

You are supposed to take the positive and the negative aspect of each class. So you cannot wear armors. The technical reason why you can wear robes is that robes are not wearable by fighters and thus were not specifically forbidden to kensais, as it would be redundant with the fact they are not wearable by warriors.
    Roleplay-wise it makes sense though, as a mage robe is not as encumbering as a plate armor, and even if it was limiting your movements (not because of weight, but because it's not exactly the right outfit to move around), well a decent magic robe adapts to its wearer, so you're fine anyway.
    Arthas