Skip to content

I would really like to know when it's coming out for android devices.

I'm only rolling with two android devices these days, phone and tablet. I really must play this new expansion, so when is it coming out for android !?!?

Thanks.
Chet

Comments

• who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    I am starving for an a status update, or at even, "It will be another couple of weeks before android release" at least let me know it it will be out before summer is over.
  • drakirdrakir Member Posts: 61
    @who_is_daniel I second that. Demanding a release date is one thing, but I don't think it's too much to ask for a vague statement with no definite commitment..
    who_is_danielGrum
    For that matter, will it be an In App Purchase or something in the play store?
  • magaritymagarity Member Posts: 51
    No kidding; I have all 3 titles so far but only on Android. I have a bunch of BG1 end game save files of various character classes waiting to go through sod. What's the progress on the android version?? Even in general!
  • Cage50Cage50 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 18
    I've been deliberately waiting for SoD and version 2.0 for the other games on android for one big playthrough from begining to end...but that plan is in indefinate limbo because of this wait.

Is a little update from eager fans too much to ask for?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Look, I can't tell you guys the exact timeline, but let's just say you might want to take a close look at this picture.

joluv said:

Look, I can't tell you guys the exact timeline, but let's just say you might want to take a close look at this picture.

Ummm, Ok I have spent 5 minuts looking at the picture and all I see is an abstract image. If it's a 3D image (the kind whete you let your eyes go out of focus and then the hidden picture can be seen) I am not able to see through the illusion. If the there are words, a diagram, or map of some kind I do not see it. Is this a is this a Rorschach test?
  • ChetChet Member Posts: 64
    This may eventually give more info...
    JuliusBorisov
    I've already said too much.
    I am not understanding what you are trying to say.
  • FalstaffFalstaff Member Posts: 3
    joluv said:

I've already said too much.

I believe the image may be a map of cosmic background radiation. I think the suggestion is that you can expect the eventual heat-death of the universe arriving before SoD appears on mobile devices or the App Store.

I tend to agree.
    joluv_Luke_who_is_danielCalemyr
    BG:EE was released November 28, 2012 for Windows
    BG:EE was released April 17, 2014 for Android (505 days after initial Windows release.)
    SoD was release March 31, 2016 for Windows.
    505 days after the the Windows release of SoD is August 18, 2017.
    I believe a careful numerical analysis can provide a bit more insight here. The dates listed above are 10-28, 4-17, 3-31, and 8-18.

10 - 28 + 4 - 17 + 3 - 31 + 8 - 18 = -69.

Nice.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    joluv said:

I believe a careful numerical analysis can provide a bit more insight here. The dates listed above are 10-28, 4-17, 3-31, and 8-18.

10 - 28 + 4 - 17 + 3 - 31 + 8 - 18 = -69.

Nice.

joluv said:

_Luke_
  • CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    So, either our negativity is balanced on the yin and the yang. Or we've got negativity coming out of the yinyang?
    You should double check your numerical analysis. November is the 11th month.
    11 - 28 + 4 - 17 + 3 - 31 + 8 - 18 = -68.

Time until a launch is often expressed as a negative number, but what are our units? hours? days? weeks? months? years? only time will tell.
    joluv
    Chet said:

You should double check your numerical analysis. November is the 11th month.
    11 - 28 + 4 - 17 + 3 - 31 + 8 - 18 = -68.

Damn. My real mistake was ignoring the years. We have to add (2012 - 2014) - (2016 - 2017)
    Chet said:

what are our units?

rapsam2003
  • magaritymagarity Member Posts: 51
    the squiggly green picture appears to be nonsense and the bug report is about v1.3 of the base code so that's useless too since the expansion requires v2.
    does anyone have an actually useful update or comment about getting SoD on Android?
    @magarity: Not everything is what it appears to be.
    mf2112
  • Cage50Cage50 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 18
    @magarity This was posted on a related thread. It's not android specifically, but I bet both iOS and android are about the even in development.
    JuliusBorisov
    According to Wikipedia, the original iOS release was December 7, 2012. Significantly before the April 17, 2014 date for Android.

• AjhAjh Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 5
    So basically if we wanted updated games we were stupid to buy the android version? Shoulda bought the pc? Is there ANY news at all about the android version or have they scrapped it after all?