Skip to content

removing innate (kit) abilities from NPCs

amikaamika Member Posts: 34
currently I have this script in an NPC's override .bcs:
IF // Removes default innate abilities to account for summoning ability HaveSpell("Set_Snare_Trap") THEN RESPONSE #100 RemoveSpell("Set_Snare_Trap") END
Because if I try to remove the innate abilities from the .CRE in EEKeeper, or in my .tp2 file with REMOVE_MEMORIZED_SPELL, it doesn't actually work and they're still in her list when I spawn her in-game. But I notice there's a brief moment after resting where the spells are again accessible, before the script can get to them. Is there a better way/am I just missing something?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • amikaamika Member Posts: 34
    @subtledoctor - hmm! the .tp2 file is adding the effect to the .CRE properly when i check it out in NI, but when i spawn her in-game, she still has the abilities and keeps restoring them on rest... i tried it both with and without the spells starting memorized in her .CRE file and set her innate ability slots down to 0, but they keep coming from somewhere.

would it be something weird like, the game forcing them on when i spawn her via CreateCreature to test it out, as opposed to having her spawn in an .ARE file?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • amikaamika Member Posts: 34
    @subtledoctor

ahh, yeah, it's an NPC who joins the party! that would be why. thanks!