Skip to content

EEKeeper and iOS editing

I've spent hours trying to find a solution to this, and fiddling around with eekeeper and ibackupbot to try and solve this problem myself...but alas.

I have BG:EE installed on my ipad, and would like to do some minor edits on my protagonist, and add in Zhurlong's boots which I must have missed when I originally killed the hobgoblin wearing them (can find them several hours of saves back if I go to the correct spot).

Short of buying another copy of BG:EE on mac or PC is there anyway I can use eekeeper on my ipad saves? It seems that since the updates to iOS I can't find a way to access the .ipa file on my ipad.

Any help would be appreciate it - even if it is to just let me know that this is an impossiblity.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited July 2016
    Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about your issue, I don't know your answer for sure since I don't have an ipad, but I think I recall reading somewhere here that transferring the saves to the PC was problematic for some reason after the last iOS update. If there is a way to get your save game files then you could try uploading them here by attaching them as a zip file to a post and someone here may be able to assist with the EEKeeper edits.
  • PropsDocPropsDoc Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the welcome.

I can get my save files downloaded, it just appears that you need to have a PC/mac version of BG on the computer you wish to use eekeeper on in order to edit it. Given I've already paid for the mac version I don't want to drop an extra $20 USD just so I can do some minor editing. (Also bought the original BG all those years ago - but those disks are long gone!).

If I can't get eekeeper to work it would be great if someone could edit the files for me, but I'll keep trying for now as it would be nice to be able to fix up quests I've stuffed up and do the minor editing myself (just some stat changes and proficiency changes for the most part).

Much appreciation for the rapid reply as well.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    If I recall before I got the PC versions, I only had the Android version but I was able to use some instructions on the EEKeeper site on sourceforge to copy the game files from my tablet to my PC and put them in a folder that matched what the PC game would have used, then use EEKeeper on the PC just like normal and copy the save game file back afterwards. I don't know if that could work in your situation?
  • PropsDocPropsDoc Member Posts: 3
    I believe this is the problem - with the new changes to ios it seems like it isn't possible to download the iOS application files anymore to then have EEKeeper allow editing of the save files. I'm not sure if there is a workaround since these changes, but if I can find anyone who does have one it will probably be on here!

Like Android it was formally possibly to do so with ifunbox or ibackupbot, but I can't seem to find any information about doing it since iOS 8.3.
  • glenpglenp Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 23
    I think this may be what you are looking for. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/647519#Comment_647519
    If you follow the thread it explains how to transfer saves as well as sound files iir.
  • glenpglenp Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 23
    Sorry but I misread your post. I thought you did have a Mac/PC version so my comment will be no help. Good luck