Skip to content

Feedback options details

The in-game description of the feedback options is rather brief and unspecific. Is there any more detailed explanation of what each options does?
#gargamel

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    maybe buried in the patch notes or manual, but if there's something specific you're after I could expand upon it.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    edited March 2016
    I always play with all the options checked so I can understand well what's going on. However, I wanted to remove the messages about who attacks who because most of the time I know anyway and they clutter a lot the screen. Apparently you do that by unchecking "Actions". Unfortunately, when you do so you also lose the information on what spells are being cast, which I really miss. So it looks like you can't have one without the other.

Apart from that, I don't even know the meaning of "Selection text", for example.
    SethDavis said:

maybe buried in the patch notes or manual

The manual has no information at all, it just states that those options exist.

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited March 2016
    okay, my home version isn't up to date so I may not have all the options at my fingertips, but selection text looks like it allows/prevents all the "what do you want" and "yes sir" type messages from appearing in the text log when you interact with your party members

EDIT: sorry for the delay, I was walking home. probably not the best time to offer help lol
    Alonso00zim00
    Yep, that seems to be it. In my case it wasn't changing anything because I play with the selection sounds disabled. But I tried enabling the selection sounds and then I saw the corresponding text in the feedback window.
    What about the "Actions"? What is exactly an "action"?
  • #gargamel#gargamel Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2019
    I really hope this thread would reveal its secrets 3 years later.
    my investigation results in as follows:

To-Hit Rolls --- Rolls :)
    Actions --- Spell cast
    State Messages --- Buff on Character
    Combat Information --- Damage
    Selection Text --- Clicking Character
    Miscellaneous --- e.g. Hide in Shadows