Skip to content

Can't get DBG to install??

WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
Installing DBG (7) to program files(86) BG2EE - keep getting fail (not a game file) message and to install in IE game file?

Comments

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Running Windows 10 if that helps?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    DBG?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Dungeon Be Gone (it bypasses Irenicus dungeon at the beginning of SoA).

The files (three I think) for the version I use (don't know which one) need to be installed in an override folder.
    Warning: The version of DBG that I'm using is not compatible with v.2.x
    I have version 17 supposed to work with BG2EE but neither of the two places I have found the BG2EE files work (Program files (86) and Under documents)-

the installation runs and when I close it the box pops up saying failed (not a game file) - in another thread somewhere it was suggested the install folder* would contain this -\Data\00783\ That would be the one under program files (86) and that does not work (Failed (not a game directory) ) - ?????

I'm guessing it may be related to either EE or maybe Win 10 ??

Any suggestions would be welcome
    Finally got it to work! B)
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    You should explain how you made it work in case someone ends up on this thread through google later on.
    Had to open the BG2EE folder in Program files (x86) down to data/00783 and install there -

(00783 is the folder with the chitin.key file) - installing to the BG2EE folder or the data folder that 00783 is in does not work - you have to open the 00783 folder and install there.