Skip to content

noobish romance mod question (DeArnise, Imoen, Tweaks)

profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
Hi. I installed the Imoen Romance mod and am having a good time with it so far (just finished SoA and got launched into ToB, so we'll see where it goes from there). The "allow multiple romances" option seems to work, as Jaheira still seems to consider herself THE MOST IMPORTANT THING in the me-puppets life. And I like that, especially since she doesnt talk much after completing her romance. This does raise questions though:
The DeArnise Romance has built-in conflicts and rivalry, or so I read. Does it also have the option to disable those, thus allowing multiple romances? If not, is there any way I could change that myself? (most recent coding experience would be C64 Basic, sometime mid-to-late 80's (yes you may laugh at me))
Also, Tweaks has an option to allow multiple romances. Does that work on original content only, or on romance mods as well?
Thanks for reading, hope to hear from you.

Comments

• rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    Very few romance mods have the courtesy of allowing to choose a 'multiple' romance option. Imoen is the only one I can think of at the top of my head. It's usually easy to find where in the scripts you can change the code that would kill off rival romances, but it's certainly possible that might have strange effects down the line,, (if there's special scripting for the Bodhi encounter, for example.)

Using the tweaks multiple romance/nothing kills romnace is very dangerous when combined with other romance mods. It was only ever designed with the vanilla romaceable characters in mind. There is likely to be scripting conflict if you have one script trying to force romance active, another another script trying to force romance for the same character inactive.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Thank you @rashkae for a perfectly clear and useful answer to my question.
    It's a bloody shame though. I was really really looking forward to doing a severely cheesed and cheated run with the wife(Nalia), mistress(Jaheira), girlfriend(Neera) and sistress(not telling :p ). Looks like it might still work if I just forget about the wife, so I'll give that a try. Kinda like real life I suppose. At least I get to keep the castle, so that part would still beat the crap out of real life.
    Again, many thanks for your answer.