Skip to content

[Bug] Dorn leaves group when booting Neera

sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
edited December 2012 in Fixed
Current Behavior:
Every time I boot Neera out of my party, Dorn just up and leaves too, and vanishes. He doesn't even show up at the Friendly Arm Inn like she does. It's freakin' weird.

Expected Behavior:
The characters are not linked and can be booted out of the group seperately.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• AbsynthyneAbsynthyne Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I make my way to the Friendly Arm Inn to temporarily pick up Neera in order to 'identify' some objects that were unable to be identified by vendors (wand/tome of charisma). I drop Imoen, pick up Neera, identify the objects, drop Neera, pick up Imoen. No problem.
    I leave the Friendly Arm Inn (or move on to any screen) and Dorn leaves without comment or reason and I have no idea where he goes.
    Tried exit/reload several times, same result.
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • AbsynthyneAbsynthyne Member Posts: 3
    Update:
    The bug actually seems to be something with Neera. I loaded my save, dropped Imoen and picked up Neera, and Dorn stays from one screen to the next.
    Reloaded, kept Imoen, Dorn leaves when I move to a different screen.
  • windowbuttwindowbutt Member Posts: 1
    Dorn leaves party without prompting dialogue with PC after leaving the Friendly Arm Inn. Party has a reputation of 11.

------------

From what I can gather in searching the forums, he's meant to prompt dialogue with the PC when he leaves, but in this case, he doesn't. And the reputation is average... so I'm not sure what's going on here.
  • DeviijaDeviija Member Posts: 37
    While I have not noticed this happening when I had a reputation of 11, it IS something that happens with Rep 19/20. Often times, Dorn leaves the party and just stands where he is. If you are busy walking to the edge of a map to transition to the world map/another area, you'll discover upon entering that Dorn is gone from your party. No dialogue initiated about leaving.

Sometimes he tries to move to the PC to initiate dialogue, but if you've already hit the world map and move to a different place, you lose him without any prompt. It's an intended prompt but it can be foiled by a moving party (especially if your party leader/the PC has boots of speed on and Dorn is lagging slowly behind the group, trying to catch up to initiate dialogue) and leaving an area.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    So rude! :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    What is your reputation, that's the only thing that could force Dorn to leave.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Go to the Friendly Arm. Try booting out Dorn, then boot out Neera, then invite Dorn back.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    He always wondered off and evaporated. Didn't matter what. The way I 'remedied it' was moving Neera way out of the way of the rest of the party and booting her, then leaving the zone before she talked to me.
    edited December 2012
    I didn't want to believe this, but yeah, true. Registered. I didn't know Dorn has a soft spot for Neera.
    Or he just slinks away to cut her throat???

Dorn and Neera are spiritually connected, somehow.
    [edit]
    Part of the mystery is solved. Dorn somehow acquired Neera's script, and acting according to that.
    If your cheats are on ctrl-m on dorn will show his scripts. If you see the word 'neera' on it, then he got the neera bug. You can fix this by: dropping him out of the team outside FAI, going in, accept him back.
    ctrl-m again. He should now get his good old dorn-y soul.

Now i just have to find out how Neera's script jumped on Dorn.
    Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
    Actually, this is a bug, not the same as the reputation thing.
    Dorn somehow inherits Neera's script.
    My workaround for this is to kick dorn then accept him back.
  • AppleApple Member Posts: 5
    I recruited Dorn in my party at the Friendly Arm Inn. He mentions that he has a sidequest in Nashkel. After recruiting Neera, Dorn just dissapears from my group. I can't find him anywhere. He's not in the inn or where I left him (in the Inn).

Things I tried:

Re-load location
    Re-load Save

I ended up loading a previous save before I met Dorn and am currently replaying the part up to that.
    Did Dorn leave when you kicked Neera out, or when you recruited Neera?
    So far a known bug is that Dorn leaves, when Neera leaves.
  • AppleApple Member Posts: 5
    He met him FAI after the ambush. I recruited Dorn first then I went over to recruit Neera. Dorn requests that i go back to Nashkel for a side quest. Then Poof he disappears from my party and no where to be found.
  • RemorhazRemorhaz Member Posts: 26
    This happened to me too, in multiplayer. I already had Dorn in my party with no problems at all, and visited Friendly Arm to loot Neera for her gem bag. I kicked Jaheira out, accepted Neera, looted her, kicked her out, and went outside. Dorn just vanished into thin air. I've loaded my quick save countless times, trying different things. Dorn just keeps disappearing.

... Just tried kicking him out in the Arm, then going outside and heading back in, and re-recruiting him. That fixed it for me!
    @remorhaz that scenario is known to me, it will be fixed in the next patch.
  • RemorhazRemorhaz Member Posts: 26
    @Avenger_teambg Cool, thanks :)
    This is because of Neera. This was fixed in r2011. Still old saved games may have this problem.

@Jalily merge with this: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11107/bug-dorn-leaves-group-when-booting-neera
  • DalrykDalryk Member Posts: 35
    I have a bug that I think might be related:

At Dorn's first ambush (after speaking to him in the FAI and where you can first get him to join) I declined, intending to pick him up later at the FAI. Subsequent to that I picked up Neera, did her quest and then booted her out.

Going to the FAI later to pick up Dorn, Neera is there, but Dorn is nowhere to be found!

If I spawn him in using CLUA he pretends like we've never met....