Skip to content

Item glitch or am I equipping the wrong item too soon in BG2 EE (spoilers)

Ok so I just finished all seven of the De'Arnisse keep missions and I'm ready to take on Firkraag's dungeon-Ive played it before but I forgot to complete a few time sensitive missions before hand so luckily I had a saved game in place for just this occasion. I sold all of my loot and decided to spoil my dual wielding Katana grand master by purchasing Dak'kons Zerth blade and equipped it in his main hand. Suddenly none of my mages can use their enchanted weapons. Neera has an awesome Staff + 3 and she can no longer equip it. I keep getting a message that says: "Magical weapon in use" in her inventory text bar. If this is something that can be remedied quickly or if my characters aren't ready for such a weapon then I will gladly go back to the auto save and buy a ton of potions and protection spells instead.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    do you have any magically created weapons active on your mages? Melfs Minute Meteors, Phantom blade, Flaming Blade. I believe those prevent equipping other weapons for the duration of the spell.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Does she have Melf's Magic Missiles in the quick weapon slots? That will prevent you from equipping with that message.
  • TypicalhumanTypicalhuman Member Posts: 8
    Now that you mention it both Neera and Nalia were equipped with Melfs when the Castle was invaded and I don't think they finished using them!