Skip to content

Helm of Opposite Alignment

Hi, I was just wondering if you can get this in the EE? I can't seem to freeze the Demon Knight on the first level anymore?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Don't you get it regardless if you beat him? I do recall picking it up on my last run.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    You can't kill the Demon Knight in level 1 anymore, but he now drops the helm when you kill him at the end of the tower.
    Wait, it was possible to kill him on level 1?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Yeah. If you take the tour, he shows on the first level and fireballs the tourguide and the other guests, then leaves. It used to be possible to kill them in the short time he was there, and if you did, he dropped the Helm of Opposite Alignment. Originally, that was the only way to get the helm.
    ThacoBell
    Huh, I never knew it was possible to kill him that quickly.
  • RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    I confirm you get it in EE, just killed him and got the helm
  • AnaxieAnaxie Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2016
    You get helm. I use it so my evil guy can use Twinkle and other do gooder items in SoD.
    mf2112FinnTheHumanDetroitRedWings25
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Anaxie said:

I use it so my evil guy can use Twinkle and other do gooder items in SoD.

... I cant believe after all these years that idea had yet to cross my mind. I thought it was just a way to keep opposite aligned party members from breaking when you reach reputation extremes. Thanks for the tip!
  • Von_CravenVon_Craven Member Posts: 12
    Ya I killed him a time or two back in the day on lvl 1, but I have not got that far now.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I've used the item before on Dorn. Just because I like the mental image of his patron demon face palming as he watches his ultra-evil blackguard rescue a cat for a little girl in Baldur's Gate.
    ThacoBellmf2112FinnTheHuman