Skip to content

black pits vs bg2

it possible to go back and forward between the 2? other than import/export.

icewind dale/heart of winter can be playted at the same time.

there any relation between blackpits and bg2?

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited July 2016
    No relationship between them. If you do a full playthrough of BP2 you will end up with about 6.5m XP, close to the same as a full group through the end of ToB. Here is an excellent guide for BP2 if you are interested. All sections are fully spoilerized so you can leave some mystery as you will.https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/29638/the-black-pits-ii-items-and-rewards-guide/p1

For a tl;dr version of the guide, you want to follow the hero path or the villain path exclusively when talking to the crowd. Play the same fight several times until you get the good item and the great item, or to build up money.
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    is there an option to leave the pits ? or is the choice permanent slave vs coffin exit?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    What choice are you talking about, the slavers kidnap and drag the whole bp2 party to the Pits, and they have to fight to survive daily. Only when you have enough battles, an escape chance may be offered to the party at the end.

Bp2 is a different game than bg2, and is meant to be played by a totally different party.
    You get to visit black pits2 in ToB for Neera's quest but this is as a guest, and a quest-hub, you don't get to fight as an official gladiator in the pits.
    edited July 2016
    imported my main into bp2. I havent played bp1, just seen some vids online.

its annoying you cant pre buff in V2. Made the vampire fight pretty tough. Wasnt prepared for how fast they move. FIrst fight i lost, still close fight second time around. Managed to get the rogue npc killed in the drow fight, assume i cant get him back now?

theres a whole section of the map that you cant seem to get to....behind an unlockable door, so am guessing this is quest related!

annoying thati havent found npcs to pickpocket as yet! damnit! having to work for gold...unheard of!

there a list of the npcs you can invite to fight with you? only found 2 so far...
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 208
    edited July 2016
    Buffing is possible! At the start of a match, just turn invisible after Dennaton´s speech - if enemy can´t cast True Sight, or hasn´t True Seeing, you can buff at your leisure. You can turn invisible either by using Sandthief´s ring, Ring of Air Control, drinking an invisibility potion, switching melee weapon to Staff of the Magi, or casting any of the following spells:

Priest, lvl 1 : Sanctuary

Mage, lvl 2: Invisibility
    lvl 3: Invisibility 10´ Radius
    lvl 4: Improved Invisibility
    lvl 5: Shadow Door
    (lvl 6: Mislead)*
    lvl 7: Mass Invisibility

Druid, lvl 5: Pixie Dust

* minor note on lvl 6 spell Mislead: cast an invisibility spell on the clone! I´d recommend lvl 2 Invisibility, as it´s the fastest cast of the Invisibility spells - that way you won´t become visible due the clone dying.
    This is also neat trick if you want to remain totally invisible - only things enemies can do for this is either casting True Sight, having innate True Seeing, or detecting illusions as a thief.

On the npc´s, if they die in a match, they´re gone for good.

You can gain access beyond that door in a later chapter.

Pickpocket the guards, they have 24 bows, ammo: multiple stacks of +1 arrows and Arrows of Piercing, and circa 24 Greater Healing Potions. The only npcs that have anything are the weapon merchant ( sling, bullets and Ring of Fire Control ), the Beastmaster ( 5 Potions of Invisibilty ), and the kitchen staff ( little gold, few gems and mundane weapons, diary ). For succesful pickpocketing you´ll either want to raise the skill score to 100, or buy a Potion of Master Thievery, Potion of Perception and Potion of Mind Focusing from the Bellowgulp, the alchemist.

I´ll list the npcs, first the ones that don´t charge anything for their services:

Symm Haximus, dwarven defender
    Feldrak Feldrak´i, fighter/thief
    Brother Ellraish, assassin

Here are the rest of the npcs, each need to be paid about 1500 gold for participating in a fight:

Gerrold Darkfellow, wild mage - either asks for 500 gold, or will fight for free if you don´t have the gold.
    Gezzthemin, mage - 1700 gold
    Dulf Ebonbeard, mage - 1500 gold and Salve of Senile Serenity from Bellowgulp, costs 100 gold**
    Lea Gosh´Aar, fighter/mage - 1500 gold
    Voghiln, bard - 1500 gold
    Timmoth Goodtree, berserker/cleric - 1500 gold
    Horth Il´Drth, barbarian - 1000 gold
    Mercy Whitedove - archer - 1500 gold

** to have Dulf Ebonbeard join you, you´ll first need to chat with him, where Gezzthemin will advice that he needs the Salve of Senile Serenity which then becomes buyable from Bellowgulp.
    Post edited by Tarlugn on

saounds very useful. didnt spot him

also some ranger(archer?) in the merchant room, he helped kill off the named vampire for me.
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 208
    edited July 2016
    Oh yeah, he´s good at tanking. He can be found on the south edge of Training Area, a square of sand on the map. It can be reached either from the resting area, taking the corridor south and then east, or if you´re coming from the vendor area, south through the banquet hall, then west to kitchen, north to animal pens, and west to the Training Area.

Forgot Mercy Whitedove! Gotta remember that when facing vampires.
    edited July 2016
    cant seem to get eekeeper to read my bp2 saves.

does it have its own installation directory?

am sure am pointing at the right saves directory...its called bp2, its in documents beside the bg2 one.

but when i click the open(folder) icon the window is blank.(nothing listed).... ticking the little box makes no differnce

I had a problem with main char hitting max exp, didnt get exp for last 4? wins, so i wanna edit this, just applied a fix for the exp ceiling. welli assume this is why he wasnt geting awarded any exp...the other party members were all getting exp, but main got nothing. sincee i started tier 2 i think, this just some bug?
    edited July 2016
    Feldrak Feldrak´i, fighter/thief

tried multiple attempts, he doesnt give the option for `join me in arena`

do you have to be a certain tier?

Brother Ellraish, assassin

are both dead atmo :blush: (

Symm got killed tier 2 fight 5, might repeat it if i can be botherd (prob not)

Horth Il´Drth, barbarian - 1000 gold

he the other npc in the training room? he dont offer to aid me either.

Gerrold Darkfellow, hes not too bad...casts timestop )