Skip to content

Charisma & Reputation

Ever since playing the original BG i was under the impression high charisma was suppose to negate the negative effects of reputation.

Isn't a high charisma suppose to stop evil character from leaving the party at rep 20?

Comments

• GriboeGriboe Member Posts: 47
    A high CHA partyleader will affect prices (so will Rep) and might influence partymembers Morale (getting scared and running away from a fight)
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Charisma has nothing to do with affecting a members happiness, that is strictly tied to Reputation. So no, you can't stop opposing alignments from leaving you if your Reputation is not where they like it.

All Charisma does (in combination with Reputation) is affect prices in shops and the occasional quest reward you may get. It doesn't seem to have any affect at all on Morale, I've had high charisma characters have Khalid flee quite frequently, while low ones didn't, and even vice-versa. Or I've just had bad RNG, wouldn't be the first time, wouldn't be the last.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Also, low charisma (7 or less, I guess) makes certain characters not willing to join you .
  • LordVemLordVem Member Posts: 28
    High/low charisma also affects if your party members who don't get along come to blows