Skip to content

Are Khalid and Jaheira enforced as a pair?

I see you pick them up in different places. Once you meet the second of the pair, do you have to take them together or not at all (or arrange an "accident", which for some reason I can never bring myself to do).

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I don’t know how this is handled in SoD, but I do know that in BG you can keep just one of them without having to resort to killing the other. Take the one that you wish to remove from your party into a house that you never plan on entering again, in your current play through. Make sure you take them by themselves, then use your remove from party option. You will be switched back outside to your other party members and the NPC will be gone.

The nice thing about this method is that if you later change your mind, you can reenter the house and they will approach you and ask if you really want them to leave. You then have the option of accepting them back into the party.
    mf2112ilduderino
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Member Posts: 58
    Just make sure that if you are using Bg2 tweaks or tweaks anthology that you don't have "more interjections' installed if you want to leave Khalid behind by doing the trick mentioned above. They can talk through walls. :)

If you are talking about SOD, then yes.. you can leave Khalid behind and keep Jaheria..
    After taking Boareskyr Bridge, he's standing on the southern edge of the map.. Simply do not speak to him there. You can speak to him safely later at the coalition camp and even do his little side quest as long as you don't mention any other topics other than the side quest.
    ilduderinoRavenslight
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Many thanks both. Do you know if it is possible to take Khalid without Jaheira (or without kicking Jaheira whilst she is in a different room)? I would quite like to run a Minsc, Dynaheir, Khalid, Corwin and Glint team.
    Ravenslight
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    In SoD, they are not enforced as a pair. The SoD story assumes that both are doing separate tasks in fighting the crusade. Canon-wise, of course, both are supposed to live until Irenicus kills Khalid in BG2.
    ilduderino