Skip to content

Hit Point Rolls got incredibly lucky after the patch.

Was that planned all along?

Comments

• RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Are you sure you didn't name your character Ty Mora ? :smirk:
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Rodrian said:

Are you sure you didn't name your character Ty Mora ? :smirk:

Tum dum pish!

No, not really!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    They're not really maxed, but most of the time my characters have been getting at least 70 percent of their max hp. Minsc has 50 hp at level 5, for example. I thought it may have been some recent change in the game. Maybe I just got quite lucky.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Maybe some mod or rule enforcing at least %50 or better max hp at each roll? That is, when you roll 1d10 for hit points of a fighter, you get only 5 and up.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    lunar said:

Maybe some mod or rule enforcing at least %50 or better max hp at each roll? That is, when you roll 1d10 for hit points of a fighter, you get only 5 and up.

It's not as clear cut as that, but I agree there's a clear tendency for HP rolls to be higher in unmodded EE than vanilla. In particular I've noted that the first level up in BGEE and the first level up in BG2EE seem to give high HPs 95% of the time.

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Do you ever get less than half of the max roll? That is, do you ever get 1 hp gain for a single class fighter level up, barring con bonuses?

I ony play bg2 nowadays so can not check atm.
  • LordVemLordVem Member Posts: 28
    I also feel like this is happening. In my latest run, all my party members have fantastic hit points.
    lunar said:

Do you ever get less than half of the max roll? That is, do you ever get 1 hp gain for a single class fighter level up, barring con bonuses?

I ony play bg2 nowadays so can not check atm.

Bad rolls occur, but only 5 percent of the time, and it's only been happening like that after the latest patch.