Skip to content

How can I tell if I have SCS installed?

TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
Hello, sorry for this a little noobish question, but I had big problems installing SCS for BGEE earlier, and now I think I managed, but I can't see any difference in the game so far. Thought the Mage outside of Friendly Arms Inn would've been buffed and stuff. But he just instadied like always.

Is there any definite fight I can do to that will tell whether I have it installed or not? Just so I know?

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    If you installed with the batch file, there's a good chance it messed up somewhere. SCS should always been installed with a regular weidu installer.
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    Doesn't really answer the question though, is there any early fight in the game that is very noticable different with SCS installed, so I can tell in a surefire way?
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    I say that because Tarnesh should have behaved differently, like a pre-cast Shield or Mirror Image.
    Ah okok!

So I guess it's not installed after all. damnit.

Better go learn what a weidu installer is I guess!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

...just look at weidu.log in your game directory? It tells you exactly which components of which mods are installed.

No need to be snide, I havn't played with mods for a decade or so. :p

But that did help me a lot, and it seems the problem was that I applied your 2.x hotfixes after already trying to install it so the installer itself thought everything except initialise already was installed. Had to redo it all and manually this time, but I think I'll get it to work this time around!

Thanks!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Sorry - didn't mean to sound snide. I just didn't know if you knew about that file or not.

It's fine, I know you did it out of just having a very different mindset and not out of spite. I mean for a guy who programs mods himself, checking the weidu file must be as obvious as putting on pants before going out in the morning.

Also, it was thanks to you that I got it working in the first place, due to the 2.x hotfix and now this. :)

Because yep, it works now. Tarnesh wasn't prebuffed per se, but he instantly got Mirror Imaged when the fight begun with no casting or contingency.

Again, thanks a lot! :D