Skip to content

Modifying Big Metal Unit's equipped appearance..

icemereicemere Member Posts: 2
.... Is there any way that the above armour can be modified to remove the golem appearance change that happens upon equipping the armour, When I first attained the armour I thought it was a pretty cool effect, How-ever ; Using the item to explore/try and open interactable items can be painfull, With the increased size, causing issues such as being unable to enter rooms, without first removing the armour, And being un-able to reach some items due to the size increase.

I've downloaded Near Infinity, How-ever I've no idea what I modify to change an items equipped appearance/effects, If someone experienced with it could kindly offer some insight on what I need to edit, Or perhaps offer an edit made by themselves I'd be extreamly gratefull :)

thanks offered in advance for any help given :)

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    In Near Infinity select the item "SECRET05.ITM". Activate the Edit tab and scroll down. One of the Effect entries should start with "Type: Animation Change". Double-click on that entry to open it. Select the field "Morph into" and select a new animation from the list. I would suggest to change it into "GOLEM_CLAY" which is two positions above the iron golem animation. Press "Update value" and close the window. Press "Save" in the main window to save the changes.
  • icemereicemere Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    Thank you for the really swift reply argent77, I shall give this a go in a moment, I had managed to find the item, But with not being experienced with the editor I didn't want too mess with the values, And potentially ruin the item as a result :)

Your suggestion worked a treat; I can now move about un-hindered, Thank you :)

I guess that there is no-way to altogether remove the effect IE just display it as a piece of armour?, just for future referances :smile: - I figured by deleting the animation change, resulted in it appearing as standard armour and it worked this tool is magic! :)
    Post edited by icemere on
  • akridianakridian Member Posts: 11
    How do you install NI? All I have are "class", "icon" or "text" files. And one "MF" file in that "META-INF" folder that's not inside the "infinity" folder. It's in it's own little folder. If I try to use one of the files it says "
    Use the web service to find the correct program"??
    Is there an additional file I need??
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Sounds like you downloaded the source code, you can try to compile it but if you don't know how, I suggest grabbing the latest .jar here (https://github.com/Argent77/NearInfinity/releases/download/v2.0-20160616/NearInfinity-20160616.zip ). You'll just need Java to use it.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited August 2016
    @akridian You need to install Java on your system before you can start Near Infinity.

It can be downloaded from there: http://www.java.com/en/download/

See the Near Infinity Wiki for more information.
  • akridianakridian Member Posts: 11
    Yup yup. Needed java. Thanks :)