Skip to content

Any way to put an immediate stop to Anomen romance.

vyvexthornevyvexthorne Member Posts: 58
I always forget that if I play a female Anomen will immediately start up romance stuffs. This really seems to put a huge time delay on his personal quest. Is there a way to just put a stop to the romance from happening before it begins?
I never know what lines of dialogue to choose to get him off my back... although I'm thinking it must be the opposite of what I've tried in the past which is to just be nonchalant.. he is neutral after all. Maybe coming on strong is the actual way to go? Being just downright rude seems .. well so rude and rather hateful. I'd hate for that to be the only way to make it stop. I don't want the guy to leave my party... I just don't want to deal with the romance at all.

Comments

• VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    I believe if you have an NPC leave the party, any romance with them will end. When you select him to leave, he should say something like "Are you sure? This will change our relationship" or something to that effect. You can then drop him and go back to the Copper Coronet and recruit him again.

Not 100% that works for him, as I've only done this with the female romances.
    FinnTheHumanMontresor_SP
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    If you really want to crush a guy's romantic hopes, the strongest move is to make out with someone else in front of him. Salvanas might work in a pinch, but ideally you should go for Saerk Farrahd or Cor Delryn.
    FinnTheHumanmf2112
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2016
    Thanks I'll give these a try. (Salvanas doesn't work because he runs away if you try anything. I already had Anomen in the party and a few seconds after I hit on Salvanas, Anomen started up his wooing with me.)

I was actually thinking more of a global variable I could just change in EEKeeper. I just don't know what to set the global variables to. There is AnomenRomanceActive, AnomenMatch and AnomenRomance.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I think AnomenRomanceActive at -1 will do the trick.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Next romance talk, tell him he's a pompous fool. That'll kill the romance! :wink:
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Member Posts: 58
    Yeah.. I did some tests with a save game right before meeting him. Seemingly, setting AnomenMatch to 0 or -1 seems to forgo the game adding in romance variables after you pick him up. Just unsure which is the safer number to use. 0 or -1 or if it even matters.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    If you sleep with him right away he'll lose interest.
    joluvmf2112Wowo
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    A warhammer to the face works relatively well
    ThacoBellMontresor_SPAewyrvenabacus
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229

If you sleep with him right away he'll lose interest.

I know that was a joke, but just had to mention that the EE actually restores the post snookie dialogue Gaider wrote for Anomen, I believe. Which was a nice addition.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    Try playing a female dwarf, I guess he hasn't developed a taste for a female shortie with a beard thicker than a Grizzly's body hair ^^
    gorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Flesh to Stone followed by Stone to Flesh should do the trick, if EE has not changed the things.
    This is the recipe of my mouse familiar, who believes that cheese can cure everything :smile:
    Montresor_SP
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    ajwz said:

A warhammer to the face works relatively well

This.... so this....
    abacus
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

Flesh to Stone followed by Stone to Flesh should do the trick, if EE has not changed the things.
    This is the recipe of my mouse familiar, who believes that cheese can cure everything :smile:

...Or just flesh to stone :)
    AewyrvengorgonzolaMontresor_SP[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    play as a race he will not romance
    gorgonzola